Healthy Milkshakes That’ll Bring All The Boys To The Yard

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

With swimsuit season right around the corner, a ton of us are looking to shed a couple pounds.  Lets be real though, I’m not going to stop eating obscene amounts of grilled cheese, Chinese food, pizza, and french fries. But skip the dessert and make your own version of a milkshake that will make your wallet, waistline, and overall health a little happier! Drink up collegiettes! 

Couple hints: 

-If your dorm room doesn’t have ice, freeze the yogurt instead. 

-Can’t finish? Most of these will work as a quick pick me up in the morning too, put it in the fridge and grab on your way to class. 

-Wanna spare your wallet? Grab a coupon from your local grocery store and make whichever shake has the most ingredients on sale!

Black & Yellow, Black & Yellow, Black & Yellow (Chocolate Banana)

Ingredients:

1 vanilla Greek yogurt cup (pick your favorite brand, I’m obsessed with Chobani!)

1 banana

1/4 cup chocolate chips (or more depending on how chocolatey you’re going for!)

1/2 cup ice 

Feeling extra sweet? Add some chocolate sauce on top!

Kissingly Fresh (Mint)

Ingredients: 

1 vanilla Greek yogurt cup 

1/2 teaspoon mint extract 

1/2 cup ice

Why isn’t it green? The extract and yogurt aren’t green so your shake won’t be! Don’t worry, full of flavor and saving yourself from added chemicals! Want some of that chocolate? 1/4 cup chocolate chips will do just the trick!

Pucker Up! (Lemon)

Ingredients:

1 lemon Greek yogurt cup

1/4 cup chocolate chips

1/2 cup ice

I know a lemon shake sounds super weird, but I had an extra lemon yogurt so I was adventurous! It’s a personal fave! The sweet and sour taste is just what you’re looking for.

Stick a Straw In It (Strawberry)

Ingredients: 

1 vanilla Greek yogurt cup

1 cup frozen strawberries 

Craving chocolate? 1/4 cup chocolate chips are the perfect addition!

Wake Me Up (Mocha)

Ingredients: 

1 mocha Greek yogurt cup

1/4 cup chocolate chips 

1/2 cup ice

Perfect for the morning too!

Classic (Vanilla) 

Ingredients: 

1 vanilla Greek yogurt cup

1/4 cup white chocolate chips

1/2 cup ice

Oreo’s instead of the white chocolate chips are divine if you don’t mind the extra cals!

Julianne serves in the role of Community Development Associate, directly working with chapters and expansion. She graduated from the University of Utah in 2018 with a triple major in Political Science, Film & Media Art, and Communications with minors in Health and Theater. Julianne served as a Campus Correspondent for Utah for 3 years, as a Chapter Advisor for 2 years, a Campus Expansion Assistant for 2 years, and as a High School Ambassador Advisor. New to Boston, Julianne can't wait to eat as much seafood as was deprived of her after living in the mountains for most of her life. In her spare time, she loves to ski, watch an unreasonable amount of movies, and write!
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor