Hair and Makeup Hacks for the Lazy Girl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Let’s face it; most of us either have pretty busy lives or are just done putting hours into our look every morning. Between going to class, doing your homework, going to actual work, breathing, eating, having a social life, and texting that boy back, it can be hard to fit everything in and still feel like we are bringing our A game with our appearance. So if you are a busy girl or just a lazy girl like me, then check out these easy and time-saving hacks that will leave you looking flawless.

1. Putting a dryer sheet onto your hairbrush and brush and then brushing your hair. This reduces frizz and static from your while leaving a soft clean scent in your hair.

2. If you don’t have any dryer sheets on hand you can just spray your hairbrush with your favorite body splash to leave your hair smelling good all day long.

3. Use a spool brush to separate your eyelashes instead of having clumpy eyelashes or wasting time going in and separating them with a pair of tweezers which is time consuming and honestly pretty dangerous.

4. Spraying your bobby pins with a little bit of hairspray will keep your hairstyle in all day and you won’t have to spend time repositioning them every ten minutes.

5. If you don’t have time to curl your entire head just put your hair into a high ponytail and curl the ends with your favorite curling iron. In literally a fraction of the time you will have beautiful effortless looking curls.

6. Don’t have time to do a full face but you still want to look alive and slightly more chiseled? Instead of applying bronzer and blush you can contour with your blush. Just add the blush to the areas you would use bronzer (you know the 3 rule) this will give you a more natural and girly look and save you time.

7. For all my girls who are really in a hurry but still need to look good, you can use the same product for your entire face. Just pick your favorite lipstick and place it on your eyelids, cheeks, and lips to give your face a little color.

8. Placing a card or piece of paper behind your eyelashes will prevent smudging on your eyelid and you won’t have to back in and clean it up later.

9. If you don’t want to spend a lot of time styling your hair in the morning, just put your hair into a nice side braid and you will wake up with perfect waves. All you had to do was sleep. If you want stronger waves, make sure your hair is slightly damp but not to wet because your hair won’t be dry by morning.

I hope that these hacks made your life easier, or at the very least saved you a little bit of time in your morning routine   

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor