This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Nail inspiration is something I’m always looking for. I suck at making decisions, and on top of that, I tend to procrastinate on picking what nail color and design I want for my next nail appointment. Sometimes I even have to make a quick decision at the salon because I haven’t even thought about what I want to get. Recently, I’ve noticed that Instagram and Twitter are great resources to help with this problem; more often than not, my explore page and feed are filled with so many cool and cute designs that are perfect for anyone. And if you’re like me and often switch between simple and extravagant designs, this article is the answer to your nail prayers!

Grey 

• To start, one of my fav colors to get for my nails during these winter months is grey! The great thing about this color is that it has a varying amount of shades and tones, meaning it is perfect for just about anyone. I tend to keep it simple when it comes to grey, but I did do a cool blank space design a few years ago when I got acrylics. 

White

• Next, we have the staple color of winter: white! White is such a simple and basic color that is perfect anytime of the year, but it is especially fitting during and after the holiday season. The great thing about white is that it looks so clean and neat, and there are many options when it comes to adding a design on top of the color.

Red 

• Like white, red is also a staple color when it comes to winter. Plum, wine, maroon, and bright cherry red are a few favorites that I tend to see used more during this time of the year. During the holiday season is when bright red is used more, then it tends to become more popular to tone it down and reach for darker colors. All shades of red are beautiful and perfect for any occasion. 

Olive Green

• A color I’ve recently started loving for nails is olive green, and it has been my favorite color these past few months. Although this type of green seems like it’s more of a fall color, it can definitely be used during this time. On top of that, this shade looks good in both the shiny and matte option!

Nude 

• Last but not least is the color that is perfect year round: nude! Nudes are great for the cold months, especially because they are subtle but add a pop to anyone’s nails. My favorite type of nude is probably a light pink tone, and it will always go well with any outfit you choose or any occasion you attend. 

The colder months of the year seem to restrict people from changing the way they do their nails, what designs they choose, and what color they ultimately end up going with, which shouldn’t be happening! Anytime is a good time to be creative with your nails, so go for the design you’ve been wanting and pick that color you never get. Nails are one of the best ways to express yourself, so go all out if you want to!

Image: 1

President of Her Campus Utah and Senior at the University of Utah.
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor