Fun Things to Experience in Salt Lake City

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

It can be easy to get bored with the regular happenings in your college town weekend after weekend. Tired of doing the same thing? Here are a few activities that you can do right here in Salt Lake City! 

Friends Excited
Giphy

Gem Studio

This is one of the experiences on my bucket list! If you are a jewelry lover, the Gem Studio recently opened a location at City Creek. At the Gem Studio, you learn to silversmith your own jewelry. This could be a necklace, ring, earrings, whatever your creative heart desires. Not only is this the perfect gals night, date night, or treat yourself night, they also have a mission that gives back to our world. The founder of the Gem Studio likes to go on humanitarian trips and wanted to leave his mark wherever he went. For women that have gone through hardships in their lives, he helps them learn to make their own jewelry. Not only does this give them the opportunity for a creative outlet but also to find a way to provide for themselves. We love a good business who does good in our world, and this is definitely one of them! 

The Paint Mixer 

Do you love painting but need a step by step tutorial so you feel as if you won’t mess it up? Same. Although I’m sure whatever you paint is beautiful, the Paint Mixer is a great way to have a great night but also create a masterpiece. This is a great experience for any occasion! Throughout the two-hour class you listen to relaxing music, paint, and enjoy a welcoming environment for your art. One of the things I love about this class is everyone is taught how to paint in the same way, but each painting is slightly different from one another. Talk about a low pressure and welcoming environment!

Red Butte Garden 

Looking for something more relaxed? Going to Red Butte Garden has been one of my favorite activities since I was a young child. There is something special about going to a place where you can explore at your leisure and take in the environment around you. Sharing a calming experience will bond you with a loved one and this is very affordable, especially as a student at the University of Utah (we love a free student entry).

Whatever the case may be, I try to find new adventures, even if it is in my own backyard! Find someone you love spending time with and try something new. It will make time pass faster while we wait for summer — I promise.

Senior at the University of Utah. Elementary Education. Dog Enthusiast. Sorority Woman.
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor