Fine dining for less? Hello, Dine o’ Round!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Have you heard? It’s Dine o’ Round time in Salt Lake City! In an effort to encourage the public in the Wasatch Front to try new restaurants and experience fine dining, downtown eateries are offering options for less. Affordable, even on college budget!

Where: Over 49 restaurants are participating in this year’s Dine o’ Round! You can view them here, including addresses and maps. Some notable eateries: Iggy’s Sports Grill, J. Wong’s Asian Bistro, Thaifoon—Taste of Asia, The Copper Onion and Martine café.

What to do: Ask your waiter or server for the Dine ‘o Round menu! They’ll bring you a menu separate from their normal fare. Dine o’ Round menus are often very condensed and don’t have as many options as the full menu, but it’s still a great way to try something new.

How Much: Two-part lunches are either $5.00 or $10.00 (hours for lunch may vary). Three course dinners are $15.00 or $30.00. Most restaurants offer a selection for dinner and lunch. So, if you want to skip the $30.00 tab on dinner and you’re dying to experience the New Yorker, go for lunch!

When: Dine o’ Round promotions are available through Sept. 30. Get ‘em while they last! At these prices you can try a few places.

Our picks:
• $5.00 Lunch: Bocata at City Creek. You can get any half Bocata and a side. They offer a great selection, and it’s about half price!
• $10.00 Lunch: Cedars of Lebanon on 200 South. They offer an all you can eat buffet. If you go back for dinner, you can catch live belly dancers!
• $15.00 Dinner: Squatter’s Pub on Broadway. They offer quality pub favorites and a wide selection of beers. Take pub food up a notch!
• $30:00 Dinner: Market Street Grill just off of Broadway. I’ve had an amazing three course meal here before! However, a $30.00 check would’ve made it that much better. It’s a great time to experience a little luxury.

Jetta is a fun and spunky communication student at the University of Utah. She has a lot of energy and an outgoing personality- perfect for her work in service coordination, peer advising, the Department of Communication, Express, and of course HerCampus! Jetta loves social media, writing, and learning new promotion and advertising skills. She does not currently drive a Jetta, but hopefully she can afford one upon completion of her degree!