sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sagar patil 8UcNYpynFLU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Fall Break At Home: Expectations vs. Reality

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Because we know it didn’t go exactly as planned…

Expectation:  Wearing super cute fall outfits and looking like an Anthropologie model the whole time.

Reality:  Your hamper is full and you have no motivation to clean any of your cute clothes.

Expectation:  Taking pictures of the fall leaves to post on Instagram.

Reality:  Nobody double taps on repetitive pictures of fall leaves.

Expectation:  Sipping on a pumpkin spice latte everyday.

Reality:  Spending $5.00 on one pumpkin spice latte and then realizing you are a poor college student and could have spent that money on ramen…

Expectation:  Doing fun fall activities like hiking, shopping, crafting, and baking.

Reality:  Binge watching season four of American Horror Story and never leaving your bed.

Expectation:  Going home to your parents and have them cook meals for you.

Reality:  Coming home and your parents have already written out a chore list for you of things they haven’t done since you were last home.

Expectation:  Your parents coming in for parents weekend and being able to show off all of your new friends, dorm, roommates, and campus…

Reality:  Your parents being extremely unimpressed when they realize that you stuffed everything on your bedroom floor into your closet to make it appear that you keep your stuff super organized.

I am an acting major who has a soft spot for puppies.  I cry whenever I see Christmas lights or hear Christmas music because the magic of Christmas is just too overwhelming.  I am completely and utterly obsessed with boba, Disneyland, Tom Hardy, and salt n' vinegar chips.  I'm from, like, California, and it's, like, pretty noticeable somehow.  In the future I want to live in a big city and be exactly like my mom because she is perfect in every way.
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor