Fall break day trip ideas!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

It’s fall break! Are you enjoying the week away from classes and homework as much as I am? I have thoroughly been enjoying the week away from campus, and I am absolutely loving the chill in the air. I do love a cozy scarf!

What are you doing this week? Since you have a whole week off, and a bit of time to do some exploring, I suggest you take a day trip! Grab your girls and hop in the car, or on FrontRunner, and go exploring. If you want to head out for just one day, I suggest one of these destinations:

Park City: Just 20 minutes from campus, head up for brunch and a stroll up Main Street. I promise you won’t be disappointed. With lots of shops and art galleries there is plenty to take a look at while you’re there. Hit up Olympic Park or the Outlet Shops at Kimball Junction for some extra fun. It’ll be a bit chillier up there so take a jacket.

Timpanogos Cave: Located up American Fork Canyon, it’s just a short hike up the mountain to the cave. Take one of the tours and explore the amazing formations, nooks and crannies. Tours continue through the 14th so head up this week before they close for the winter.

Cottonwood Canyons: In case you haven’t noticed, the leaves are changing colors. And it’s beautiful! Take your roommates and a picnic and head up either Big or Little Cottonwood Canyon for a scenic drive. There are so many picnic spots along the road where you can stop and get out into the trees. And don’t forget your camera to capture the amazing colors.

Are you feeling a bit more adventurous? Or maybe you want to get away for a couple days? Head south to St. George, Zion National Park (pictured) or Moab and Arches National Park. Or head north to Yellowstone or Jackson Hole.

No matter how you spend it, make your break count. We’re halfway through the semester, keep up the good work!

Jetta is a fun and spunky communication student at the University of Utah. She has a lot of energy and an outgoing personality- perfect for her work in service coordination, peer advising, the Department of Communication, Express, and of course HerCampus! Jetta loves social media, writing, and learning new promotion and advertising skills. She does not currently drive a Jetta, but hopefully she can afford one upon completion of her degree!