Everything I Wish I Could Tell My Boyfriend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

It doesn’t matter if you’re just dating, madly in love, or in a long distance relationship there are certain things that you wish you could tell your boyfriend. From hating his best friend to wishing that he would send you more red heart emojis this is the complete list of every thought that crosses your mind.

1.  Why is she texting you? 

They all have those ex-girlfriends from high school who you just happen to randomly stalk on Facebook once and awhile. Especially after she texts him asking for a coffee date to “catch up.” Please, nobody needs to “catch up.”

2. Is that the same sweatshirt? 

It seems like every time you see him he is wearing that hideous hoodie he got at a concert sophomore year and it still throws you off. 

3. Why aren’t we Facebook Official?

We’ve been exclusively dating for years and you still can’t commit on Facebook? I’m in your profile picture. And your cover photo. 

4. Are you really friends with him…?

He has a friend or two that makes you question his definition of “friend”. Seriously, the anti-feminist friend has got-to-go. But I bite my tongue because I don’t want to put you in a “him or me” situation.

5. Thank you for putting up with me. 

Especially when I can’t think of where I want to eat or forget to text you back. I know, I can be annoying, cranky, mean, cynical, and hog the covers; you show me that there is more to me than the bad qualities. 

6. I love how dedicated you are. 

And how much you love school and work. When you’re passionate about something, I am too. That’s how this works. 

7. And how you are always smiling.  

It seems like nothing ever bothers you, but one of us has to be the sane one. It seems like I could do anything and you would stay right by my side, it’s comfortable but I still want to prove to you that you’re special and I’m worth your endless love and devotion. 

8. We might know each other too well… 

I know exactly how you will react to certain situations. Even if we’ve never encountered it, I know what will annoy you, make you cringe, make you laugh and what will make you roll your eyes. 

9. I wish you understood that I need to have other friends. 

I adore you, you make me so happy and I love feeling like I’m the most beautiful girl in the entire world. But that doesn’t change the fact that I need to have other people in my life. I need my girls to go to for guidance and for support. They just get things that you won’t and they refocus me. It’s not that I don’t want to spend my time with you…but I want to spend it with them too. 

Even though I can’t imagine my life without you, there are some things you do that drive me crazy. So the message is stop texting that girl, give me your hoodie, and accept my Facebook relationship request. Please.

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor