Ellie & Mietra: Co-Presidents and Campus Correspondents

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

​(L-R: Ellie, Mietra)

Name:  Ellie Briggs

Graduation Year:  2015

Major:  Strategic communications with an emphasis in P.R.

Hometown:  Rutland, Vermont

Name:  Mietra Aarabi

Graduation Year:  2015

Major/Minor:  Art, Linguistics 

Hometown:  Murray, Utah

Both Ellie and Mietra are Her Campus Utah’s Co-Presidents, Co-Editors-in-Chief, and Campus Correspondents at the University of Utah. They first fell in love with Her Campus after coming across it through a high school friend of Ellie’s, who at the time was the Her Campus Co-President for the Bryant Univserity chapter. “Her Campus was everything we could have ever wanted it to be and all we wanted to know was how do we get involved,” said Ellie. After reaching out to the former Co-Presidents and Her Campus Utah founders, they found it was in need of new leadership and both instantly knew it was meant to be. Together they took over!

Ellie and Mietra both have a passion for their studies, but an ever greater passion for taking breaks to look at style blogs and beauty blogs. Mietra says, “We believe what Jessica Hische, a prolific letterer and illustrator, says is true, ‘The work you do while you procrastinate is probably the work you should be doing the rest of your life.'”

Serendipity brought them both together at Victoria’s Secret in the South Towne Mall. Ellie worked as the Bra Specialist and Mietra worked as the Beauty Specialist. Together they helped women feel good about themselves by finding them the perfect fitting bra with the best fragrance and make-up to compliment. Women left the store feeling as beautiful and confident as a Victoria’s Secret Angel. At Her Campus Utah, they are striving to accomplish just that. “Her Campus Utah is a place for the women of the University of Utah to come together and bond over things that are happening in our day-to-day lives, and college experiences,” says Ellie, “Girls on campus can find everything they need to know on hercampus.com/utah from current trends and beauty looks, to study tips and campus events.”

For this upcoming school year, Ellie and Mietra are so excited for what’s to come, and to work and get to know the amazing group of writers on their team! “We brag about our writers all time,” says Mietra. “We’re like proud momma’s everytime we publish their articles,”Ellie adds. They’re goal is to make Her Campus Utah a prominent and notable source of entertainment for the students on campus at the U. They both agree that as long as Her Campus Utah is growing, they will be happy! 

Be sure to catch Her Campus Utah at the upcoming Crimson Rally on September 25th, and be on the look out for more information on our silent auction charity event to help raise money for We Are Pals. HCXO!

Kayla Van Hoose 
Vermont native. Salt Lake City resident. Ellie Briggs is currently majoring in Strategic Communications with an emphasis in Public Relations at the University of Utah. She is serving as the Campus Correspondent, Co-President, and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Utah, along with Mietra Aarabi. When Ellie is not focusing on her studies, writing, or editing countless articles, you can find her brunching with her sister and laughing at her own jokes. Follow her on Instagram @elliebriggs and Twitter @ellbriggs - she promises you won't get bored!