This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

If you are looking for a new twist on a tradional dessert then look no further! Mini pumpkin pies are perfect for Thanksgiving and come out ready to serve. First make the pumpkin pie mix, be sure to add plenty of spices, and get some pie crust. 

First grease the cupcake dish. Use a cup to cut a circle out of the pie crust.

Place the circle of pie crust on the bottom of the cupcake dish.

The sides are still uncovered so cut a strip of the pie crust and push it along the side.

If there is some coming up over the side use a knife to cut off the extra.

Now that you have the crust ready fill the crust to the top with pie filling.

Bake for 5 minutes at 400 degrees then 30 minutes at 325 minutes or until a knife come out clean.

Now that your pie is done let it cool completly. It is easiest to do this the night before so you don’t have to worry about the dessert.

Plate with some mint leaves, whipped cream, and vanilla ice cream. Top it all off with some chocolate shavings to make the mini pumpkin pies look as good as they will taste.

If I'm not cooking or in school I am usually binge watching Friends, Arrow, or Harry Potter. I am a Slytherin and an Alpha Phi. I believe that mermaids can exist and I would like to be the first one. I sleep with a dragon at my side named Toothless every night. If I could get paid to travel the world I would never stay in the same place longer than a month.
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor