Daniel Rueckert ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

This week’s campus cutie is Daniel Rueckert.  Daniel is a kind, sports loving, down-to-earth guy.  He is currently a junior here at the U and is majoring in Sports Management.  Daniel is a member of the MUSS board and is actively involved in Utah Athletics.  Overall, Daniel is a sports fanatical sweetheart that you won’t want to miss reading about!

Name: Daniel Rueckert

Hometown: Layton, UT

Graduation Year: 2016

Major: Sport Management

Campus Activities: MUSS Board, Athletics Internship

Relationship Status: Single

Meet Daniel:

What is your party anthem?  “Wanna Be A Baller” by Lil Troy.

Favorite food?  Orange Chicken.

What are three things you can’t live without?  Sports, Music, and the outdoors.

What is your guilty pleasure TV show? One Tree Hill.

What is your favorite late night snack?  Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream.

Who is your celeb crush(es)?  Erin Andrews.

Do you have any secret talents?  Most people do not know I play the guitar.

What is your dream job?  Baseball GM or Athletic Director.

Describe yourself in 3 words.  Athletic. Outgoing. Driven.

Boxers or briefs?  Briefs.

What is your most embarrassing moment or story?  I’ve had a couple bloody nose experiences while kissing. For one second, I thought that she had a runny nose and then all of a sudden I noticed her face was covered in my blood.

Campus Life:

What is your best U of U memory?  Going to the Rose Bowl and watching Utah upset UCLA. I have had a lot of good memories from athletics!

What’s your favorite class you have taken at the U? Sports Sociology.

Best study spot? Backyard chillllllin.

Best place to meet girls? Athletic events and all around campus.

Dating Life:

Biggest turn on?  Selfless and down to earth.

Biggest turn off?  Overly confident and unrelatable.

What do you look for in a girl?  Girls that are kind, independent, adventurous, smart and attractive are always a good sign.

Describe your ideal date.  Being a sports enthusiast, I would love to grab some dinner at a pizza joint and then head to a baseball game. It’s a relaxing night and a good opportunity to get to really know each other. Plus, how can you not be romantic about baseball?

What’s the nicest thing you’ve ever done for a girl? I don’t know if there is a specific thing I’ve done or take pride in, but I do make a point in treating girls right and how they deserve to be treated.

What is a girl trend you hate/don’t understand? Overly dressing up. Keep it simple. 

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor