This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

It’s no secret that the Larson family is one of the best things to happen to our campus (Anders Larson anyone?!). Following in his brother’s footsteps, Dane chose to become a Ute! As a proud, newly initiated member of Phi Delta Theta fraternity, Dane looks forward to spending time in the mountains while working on his degree here at the U.

Name:  Dane Larson

Hometown:  White Bear Lake, MN

Graduation Year:  2018

Major:  Mechanical Engineering

Campus Activities:  Greek, Phi Delta Theta, hitting the trails behind campus

Relationship Status:  Single

Meet Dane:

Describe yourself in 3 words.  Ambitious. Active. Caring.

What are three things you can’t live without?  Friends, family, mountain bike, and of course my dirt bike.

What’s your dream job?  Being a mechanical engineer for a motorsport company.

What’s your party anthem?  “Dolce & Gabbana” by Riff Raff.

Favorite food?  A good surf ‘n’ turf meal.

What’s your guilty pleasure TV show?  I don’t watch a lot of TV, but I would have to say Sons of Anarchy.

What’s your favorite late night snack?  A bowl of ice cream or popcorn.

Who are your celebrity crushes?  Niykee Heaton, and Morgot Robbie.

Do you have any secret talents?  I’m a pretty good mechanic.

Boxers or briefs?  Boxers.

What’s your most embarrassing moment or story?  Probably having Anders Larson as an older brother!

Campus Life:

What’s your favorite class you have taken at the U?  History of Rock n Roll!

Best study spot?  Lower level of the library.

Best place to meet girls?  Anywhere on campus.

What is your best U of U memory?  First night before school started, a group of us hiked up behind the dorms and watched the sunset. That’s when I knew that the U of U was for me!

Dating Life:

Biggest turn on?  Bright, blue eyes!

Biggest turn off?  Bad breath.

What do you look for in a girl?  Confidence. Also, someone that isn’t scared to try new things. Basically someone that shares the same interest as me and isn’t scared to do fun things.

Describe your ideal date.  A day of skiing or hiking; really anything on the mountain. After that, a walk around downtown and to pick a random place to get dinner.

What’s your favorite pickup line? “Can I have your number? I seem to have lost mine.”

What’s the nicest thing you’ve ever done for a girl?  In high school I drove over an hour just to drop off some Starbucks with the girl I had a thing with at the time.

What is a girl trend you hate/don’t understand?  High waisted shorts and bangs!!

U of U girls are the best because… They’re fit and active!

Vermont native. Salt Lake City resident. Ellie Briggs is currently majoring in Strategic Communications with an emphasis in Public Relations at the University of Utah. She is serving as the Campus Correspondent, Co-President, and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Utah, along with Mietra Aarabi. When Ellie is not focusing on her studies, writing, or editing countless articles, you can find her brunching with her sister and laughing at her own jokes. Follow her on Instagram @elliebriggs and Twitter @ellbriggs - she promises you won't get bored!