Campus Style Blog: Easy Spring Fashion Transitions

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Okay ladies I know what you’re thinking: “Spring break is next week but it seems like Utah didn’t get the memo.” Don’t lose hope! If you aren’t leaving Utah for spring break and think it’s going to be a total drag, think again! Some of you chicas are already on the right track by wearing brighter colors or putting some spunky flowers/headbands in your hair. Her Campus is just going to add on to your already fabulous style and give you some U of U campus inspired looks for Spring Breaking!

COLORED PANTS
With the word “spring” you all probably want to bust out your colored shorts or capris but resist temptation! You can still look colorful and stay warm through this warmer-but-still-chilly weather by wearing some colored pants and make the look even cozier with adding a pair of your favorite boots or converse.

SCARFS
Another cute way to spice up your spring break look the warmer way is to add some brightly colored or patterned scarfs. You can use them as belts, shoulder wraps or the traditional neck tie: don’t be afraid to experiment! If you notice that your outfit is too hot (literally) you can take off the scarf and bow tie it on to your purse or hair!

MAKE-UP
Last but not least, we gotta love the power of makeup to get us season ready. Why not use your already beautiful features and play them up with flowery or bright colors? Now you don’t have to go crazy with the pastel blue eye shadow but don’t be scared to use your favorite colors and incorporate them on your lips, eyes and cheeks! You can line your eyes with the usual black liner and mascara and switch it up with a soft, glittery teal on your water line or instead of using heavy bronzer try a light foundation and highlight your cheekbones with a light pink blush. It’s really up to your individual style, just remember: don’t cake a whole bunch of make-up on (less is more!) and have fun with it!