lucas ludwig aRk7FZie1T4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
lucas ludwig aRk7FZie1T4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Bumble is Bae

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

The dating app Bumble was started in December of 2014 when CEO, Whitney Wolfe Herd, left her job as the co-founder of Tinder. She started this company with women in the front of her mind. It’s about time that women start to take control of all of their relationships in life, and Bumble is here to help them do it.

SO, why is Bumble better than other dating apps?? Let me break it down for you.

The woman messages first

This is something that is scary, I know. But it works! When you make the first move, you are in control of the way the conversation goes. No more romantic opening lines like, “hey” or “let’s have sex”. If they have an interesting bio it’s definitely easier, but you can do it! Just take a breath and type something. You’re a bold badass who is fully in charge of this conversation.

You only have 24 hours to respond

Another thing that can take you out of your comfort zone is that you only have 24 hours to send your first message. This makes it so you can’t just wait around thinking about if you really want to message someone. You have to act fast. Messaging in the first 24 hours causes you to only message those who you are truly interested in getting to know. The pressure is on… so get swiping!

People can send in selfies to verify their photos

This is a true game-changer in the dating app world. After you finish setting up your bumble profile by picking photos and writing a bio, you have the chance to verify that you really look the way that you are portraying yourself online. This is SO important, especially now when there are a ton of fish in the sea… but a lot of them are catfish. Bumble gives you the amazing option to take a selfie through the app. Once the team at Bumble compares your selfie to your other pictures and confirms that is really you, then you’re verified!

Bumble BFF

Bumble recently expanded to become more than just your typical dating app. One of the newest features is Bumble BFF. Bumble BFF is a section of the app where you can swipe to make new friends in your city! You are able to see pictures of them, read in-depth bios and find the kind of friends you are truly looking for. It is perfect if you just moved to a new city and are feeling lonely. We sometimes don’t realize how hard it can be to make friends when you move or graduate but Bumble BFF is the answer you have been looking for! Get out there, start swiping, and find your new girl gang!

Bumble Bizz

Bumble Bizz is another new element that the app introduced recently! Bumble Bizz is a place for you to network, find mentors and meet other working professionals in your community. It is awesome because it can help you make your professional circle bigger and introduce you to people that you can collaborate with or to even work with someday! So for all of you who are ready to take over the real professional world, this is your starting point.

Bumble is a versatile app that helps humans connect. It’s a simple as that. If you’re looking for love, Bumble is the place. Looking for a new BFF to brunch with? Bumble has got your back. And when you’re ready to rock the professional world, Bumble will be there waiting to hand you your briefcase and a cup of black coffee. So what are you waiting for? Download Bumble now!

Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Kim Davison is a recent graduate from the University of Utah that double majored in Theatre and Communications. She was the President of Her Campus Utah and a Chapter Advisor, a Campus Expansion Assistant and a Her Campus Ambassador Advisor for Her Campus Nationals. Kim loves theatre, event planning, dachshunds and strives to live her life every day to make Leslie Knope proud. She is currently searching to jobs in the media industry and is excited to see where life takes her!