neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
neonbrand KYxXMTpTzek unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

From the Alumni to the Collegiette

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

From: Alumni

To: Collegiette,

What I Wish Someone Had Told Me in College…

1.     Stay on top of your finances.  If you have credit cards, make payments on them!  Start saving a chunk of every paycheck you get- even ten dollars a month will make a huge difference.

2.     Develop healthy habits!  Your metabolism won’t burn off pizza and ice cream as fast when you are in your 30’s, so get in the habit of eating healthy and working out so it will stick with you after college.

3.     Get good grades.  Don’t be the senior that has to retake classes because you failed them freshmen year.  Grades are more important now than ever, take them seriously.  With that being said, go to class–it’s impossible to learn the material if you don’t attend your professor’s lectures.

4.     Major something you are passionate about–don’t major in something just because of the money, or because your parents want you to.  In ten years you will be way more grateful to be working in a career that you LOVE, instead of dreading going into work every day.

5.     Have fun!  This is college after all.  You don’t have to spend every night studying; it’s okay to take a break once in a while.  Use your free time to make bonds with people you will be friends with the rest of your life, and make the most of every chance you get.  Football game, a late night movie, or even hiking up to the U will bring you lasting memories that you will cherish when you look back on your time in college.

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor