This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

College is a time to explore our horizons and find what out what we like and what we don’t like.  This applies to many areas of our collegiette lives including dating.  We date many different people over the course of our college experience.  But some dates are just better than others. 

1. The “come over to my dorm and chill,”

You guys met the other night at that party and exchanged numbers and then eventually lost track of each other.  It is now 10 p.m. on a Wednesday and you receive a text from them that just reads “Heyyy.”  You then get invited over to “chill.”  Once in their dorm watching season three of The Office you wonder if this can even be counted as a date?  Because, let’s get real, this is the closest to a date you’re going to get with them. It’s also uncomfortable because now you both know why they really invited you over.

2. The “I need to go home and fart so lets get this over with” Date

They bought you a burrito from that really good Mexican place they know and they’ve been nice, and fairly interesting.  Sounds great in theory, there’s just one problem.  You really have to fart.  So bad.  So this date needs to end.  Super soon. 

3. The Double-Date

Your roommate met this super cute guy at Trader Joes and he has a cute friend – so she says – and so you just have, excuse me, get to go on a double with her and her new Trader Beau.  You’re going to end up going ice skating or bowling with a guy you probably don’t have much in common with but you’re there because you’re a damn good friend. 

4. The Just Friends Date

They’re so sweet but for some reason you just can’t see anything romantic between the two of you.  After being really great friends for a while they decide to try their luck at pulling a move and you know that this is where things get weird.  You don’t want to turn them down because they’re super cool but at some point you’re going to have to break it to them that this isn’t going where they hope it will.

5. The Tinder date

In a moment of weakness you tried the whole Tinder thing and you actually ended up on a date with someone from this God forsaken app.  It can go a couple of ways…  Scenario #1: Your date will be really hot and actually look like their picture but they’re a huge douche or really super boring.  Scenario #2: Your date will look nothing like their picture and be into magic and doing lots of drugs.  Scenario #3: And then there’s a slim chance that you meet a really cool person who you really click with.

6. The Perfect Date that you never hear from again

They were gorgeous, they live a super interesting life and you had the BEST TIME with them.  It was amazing and you revel in the sheer perfection of the date for like four days after.  But as time goes by you realize that you haven’t heard a single peep from your date and you start to overthink your interaction with said person.  Were you weird?  Was there food in your teeth?  Did you say something accidentally offensive?  Should you text him?  Sooner or later you lose interest.  On to the next!

7. The Sexually Aggressive Date

This whole date their hand has been on your lower back and they have mentioned “the bedroom” and their skill in it too many times.  You send that SOS text to your squad group text and they help you think of ways to check out of this one early.  Your date may try as they might to get you back to their place after the date but only do so if you feel comfortable.

8. The Blind Date

Your friend from Bio has this friend that would be PERFECT for you and so she gave them your number and now somehow you have a date lined up.  The date may go just fine if your Bio friend knows you well enough or has your best interest in mind.  But the date might be kind of rough if your friend is neither of those things. 

9. The date where everything goes great and you really hit it off

Everything goes well.  Your date is attractive and interesting.  They text you the next day to set up another date.  All is right with the world. 

Overall we will try many different things and meet many different people and we will find ones we like for all the ones we don’t.  Date lots of people and have lots of fun, collegiettes.  

Communications major at the University of UtahDiet Coke and sea monster enthusiastTrying to change the world one sarcastic article at a time
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor