9 Airport Fashion Do’s Inspired by Rosie Huntington-Whiteley

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley has definitely become a girl crush for many collegiettes™. She always looks so incredibly flawless when at the airport, events, running errands, and even when leaving the gym. For your travel home for the holidays or vacation this winter break, we are going to take a few style tips from the former super model, and actress to help inspire your perfect airport outfit! Here are 9 airport fashion do’s inspired by Rosie Huntington-Whiteley to keep you looking chic at 20,000 feet:

1.     Skip Sweats and Gym Clothes

Don’t be one of those people who thinks it’s ok to wear their pajamas or finest gym clothes to the airport. You can still dress comfy and fashionable for the long flights ahead. Try wearing leggings, boyfriend jeans, or harem pants like Ms. Huntington-Whiteley.

2.     Layer Up

Flying from state to state, you’re definitely going to experience different weather conditions. Make sure you’re prepared for any type of weather (or cold airplanes) by layering up. Rosie likes to pair a simple t-shirt underneath a structured blazer. 

3.     Minimal Accessories

There’s nothing worse than having to wait to get through security. Keep your accessories minimal and to things you can easily take on and off. Try wear stud earrings and simple chain necklace. 

4.     Don’t Forget a Scarf

Scarves are the best things to wear when traveling. Not only do they complete your outfit, but they also double as a blanket for when the airplane gets super cold! According to Rosie, oversized scarves are the way to go.

5.     Stick With Flat Shoes

Running late to catch your flight? Don’t be caught in high heels or shoes you can’t walk in when in a hurry. Stick to flat shoes, like ballet flats (favorited by Rosie), or booties.

6.     Wear a Stylish Fedora Hat

No one can rock a stylish fedora like Rosie can. Steal her signature look for your travel outfit. Bonus: You won’t have to worry about how frizzy, flat, or dirty looking your hair gets on the plane!

7.     Sunglasses are a Must

Jet lag is a real thing. Sunglasses are a must when traveling because they are the best tool for hiding your tired eyes. It seems Rosie never travels without them.

8.     Use a Stylish Carry-On

When it comes to choosing a carry-on go for a simple, structured tote. A tote goes with everything and is a lot easier to carry around airports. Follow Rosie’s style and try a colorful carry-on to compliment your outfit. 

9.     Keep Make-up Simple

Traveling is not the time to try out a new make-up look. Stick to the basics, like moisturizer, mascara, and lip gloss. A fresh faced look like Rosie’s needs minimal upkeep and won’t smudge when you fall asleep on the plane. 

Vermont native. Salt Lake City resident. Ellie Briggs is currently majoring in Strategic Communications with an emphasis in Public Relations at the University of Utah. She is serving as the Campus Correspondent, Co-President, and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Utah, along with Mietra Aarabi. When Ellie is not focusing on her studies, writing, or editing countless articles, you can find her brunching with her sister and laughing at her own jokes. Follow her on Instagram @elliebriggs and Twitter @ellbriggs - she promises you won't get bored!