8 Reasons Beyoncé MUST Bring the Formation Tour to Utah

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

As we all know, Beyoncé announced her Formation Tour right after her incredible, empowering Super Bowl half time show. Now, before we get all giddy and excited talking about how much we are “crazy in love” with Beyoncé, let me first bring a tragedy to your attention: Beyoncé will not be coming to Utah.

Utah is known as the Beehive State and Beyoncé is Queen B. Her fan base is called The Beyhive. This should be a big enough reason for her to make an appearance here, but since that is obviously not enough, here are a couple more reasons:

1.     As you probably already know, Utah was founded by a church. Something you may not already know is that Beyoncé started her singing career in a church choir. Beyoncé and Utah are practically a match made in heaven.

2.     Not only does the Salt Lake City inversion take our breath away, so does Beyoncé. The inversion, which hit an all time high in 2016, would benefit from Beyoncé’s voice because she could probably blow away all the smog and dust with her jaw-dropping vocals.

3.     Utah is a part of The Four Corners, a quadripoint in the United States that also includes Colorado, Arizona, and New Mexico. You may be thinking, “How is this relevant to Queen B?” Well, her favorite number is four. She even named an album after it! Her birthday is September 4th, her husband, Jay Z, was born on December 4th, and April 4th is her anniversary with Jay Z.

4.     Continuing on with the number four…Beyoncé’s mother, Tina, was born on January 4th, which is when Utah joined the union.

5.     In 2008, Beyoncé starred in the movie Cadillac Records, where she played Edda James, a legendary Jazz singer. Jay Z used to own a share of the Brooklyn Nets, a basketball team in New York. Jazz + Basketball = Utah Jazz Basketball Team. Even mathematically it makes sense for Beyoncé to give us a visit.

6.     Beyoncé would probably LOVE fry sauce! Who doesn’t!?

7.     The people in Utah are all about marriage. They have really taken to heart one of Beyoncé’s biggest pieces of advice: if you like it, put a ring on it. Also, Beyoncé rhymes with fiancé… coincidence? I think not.

8.     Beyoncé would also probably love the famous Arches in Moab because the arches are the only thing in the world that can arch as well as she can.

Long story short, Salt Lake City will be pretty salty if Beyoncé doesn’t come to Utah. But for real, it would mean the world and more to the people of Utah if Beyoncé gave us a chance. So… my fellow Utahns, lets all come together and rise against this tragedy! To have your voices heard, please sign this petition: https://www.change.org/p/live-nation-bring-the-beyhive-to-the-beehive-state

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor