This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Nothing says fall quite like flannels do. Flannels are the most comfortable, versatile trend of the season. We own them in every color and will take any excuse to wear one. As long as you have a flannel your outfit possibilities are endless. Here are 7 way to rock flannel this fall:

1. Boyfriend flannel with black jeans and booties

Boyfriend flannels are the hoodies of 2015. They are warm, cozy, comfy, and most importantly stylish. Pair your boyfriend flannel with black jeans and booties for a simple, laid-back look. 

2. Open flannel with a plain relaxed fit v-neck and long layered necklaces

If you are looking to add more accessories and layers to your look wear your flannel open with a relaxed fit v-neck shirt. Adding a small knot on the side of your v-neck gives you texture and a more fitted look. Finish off this look by layering long and short necklaces.

3. Just add a vest!

One of the easiest ways to dress up a flannel is to throw on a vest. Puffy, military green, or fur – anything goes! If you’re going for a more chic look pair your favorite flannel with a fur vest, riding boots, and pearl earrings.

4. Tied around with a graphic-t 

Our favorite fashion trend of the 90’s is back! Pair a graphic t-shirt with a flannel tied around your waist and add black leggings and converse for a more punk rock look.

5. Peeping under sweaters

If you’re looking for a more clean and preppy look try layering your flannel under a fitted sweater. Complete this look with a statement necklace, skinny jeans, ballet flats, and a pumpkin spice latte.

6. Mixing stripes and flannels

Mixing patterns can be scary, but mixing stripes and flannels has proven to be a hit time and time again. Whether you layer with your flannel or tie it around your waist, pairing it with a stripped top, hat, and lots of rings will create the perfect weekend look.

7. The T-Shirt dress

The most comfortable way to look dressed up this fall is with a t-shirt dress. When you find that perfect t-shirt dress just add a flannel, long necklace, and boots and you will have created the ultimate go-to outfit.

The next time you ask yourself if you need another flannel, the answer is yes. One can never have too many flannels. For more flannel inspiration be sure to check out our newest Pinterest Board, Fall Flannel Fashion. https://www.pinterest.com/HerCampusUtes/fall-flannel-fashion/

Taylor Swift isn't a major so I guess Human Development and Family Studies will have to do. All I want in life is for T - Swift to know that we are BFF's, a closet full of Kate Spade, and an endless supply of Chick-Fil-A. Until I find a magic genie to grant my three wishes I'll stick with working for a non-profit, doing a ridiclious amount of online shopping, and being obsessed with my sorority. 
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor