7 Products That Work for Combination Skin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

I have combination skin, which means that at times my skin is so dry, I’m basically shedding and becoming a new person (gross right?) or I’m so oily that state fairs use my skin oils to deep fry butter. There is no in between for me. Over the years I have found skincare products that have helped me balance my skin out. These have become staples in my life, and have made my crazy skin a lot less crazy.

1. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Lotion+

I know, hell of a name right? This lotion is good for combination and dry skin. They do have a gel version that is recommended for oily skin types. I absolutely love this lotion. It is $27, which for some may seem a little hefty, but in my opinion, I will spend money on this any day. It’s lightweight and it absorbs into the skin super quickly. Out of all the lotions I have used on my face, this one didn’t break me out once. I love it. I use one pump in the morning and two pumps at night.

$27 for 42oz, available at Ulta and Sephora

2. Tony Moly Green Foam Cleanser

The first time I used this cleanser, I hated the feeling that it left. Then I started using a brush with it and LOVED the results. It foams up wonderfully and leaves my skin feeling squeaky clean!

$21 for a set of two, available on Amazon

3. Skinfood Black Sugar Mask Wash Off

Exfoliating my skin is very necessary, and I use this at least once a week. This scrub has basically changed my life. Once I can see my skin flaking off, I scrub this into my skin for two min and leave it for five minutes before washing off. It does dry my skin out a little, but the results are totally worth it. No more dead and flaky skin!

$8-10 for 3.5oz, available at Ulta and Amazon

4. Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask

I use this mask once every two weeks. It’s great because it sucks out all the impurities in your skin. After I get out of the shower, I apply it to my face when my pores are already opened. It takes about 10-15 minutes to dry and it leaves my skin feeling clean and light.

$26 for 3.4oz, available at Sephora and Ulta

5. Origins Out of Trouble 10 Minute Mask

The first time I used this mask, the results amazed me. I was breaking out like crazy the night before, then I applied it and like the name says, I let it settle for ten minutes. It has a medicinal smell to it, but when you wash it off, it goes away. The next day, my skin was five times clearer. I usually use this mask once a week.

6. Philosophy Purity Made Simple Cleanser

This face wash is a must. A MUST. I use this every day when I get home from school/work. It takes off all my makeup in one go and it leaves my skin feeling completely nourished.

$44 for 24oz, available at Sephora and Ulta

7. Fresh Soy Face Cleanser

After trying this product from Sephora’s birthday gift set, I fell in love and grabbed the full size. I have to say the price is a bit much for a cleanser, but it’s one of the best. This cleanser is very gentle and doesn’t strip the skin of moisture. It’s light on the skin and it has a light cucumber smell. 

$38 for 5.1oz, available at Sephora

Skincare is the first step to having beautiful skin. Makeup covers many imperfections, but in my opinion, knowing that I have (close-to) perfect skin is fantastic. 

A girl studying Journalism at the University of Utah. When she is not writing, Nina enjoys novels, her cute dog, dancing in the air and buying excessive amounts of skincare that she doesn't need. 
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor