6 Things To Remember When The World Is Judging You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

We live in a judgmental world, one where it seems that everyone is out to get one another. A constant competition to “one up” one another. With everything going on in the world – natural disasters, terrorist attacks, a president who believes in taking away the right to study from 800,000 immigrant students – instead of looking down on one another, we should be supporting each other to be the best version of ourselves. Regardless of what others may think of you, always remember that your biggest critic will be yourself, so the only opinion of YOU that really matters, is your own.

1. You Don’t Owe Anyone An Explanation

This is who I am. I’m not perfect. I don’t want to try to be perfect. *Mic Drop*

2. It’s Not You, It’s Them

Standing out, being yourself, and doing what you love will always have an audience who just don’t know what to do with you.

3. Don’t Cave Into Their Judgment of You

Your life. Your choices. Your mistakes. Your lessons. Your business. 

4. Just A Glimpse, Not The Whole Image of You

There’s a lot more to you than just the surface. Just let the world wait and see. 

5. Don’t Seek Anyone’s Approval 

Your love, acceptance, and appreciation of yourself is all that matters.

6. No One Is Perfect

Like our homegirl Hannah Montana says, “Everybody makes mistakes. Everybody has those days. Everybody knows what, what’ I’m talkin’ ’bout. Everybody gets that way.” 

People are always going to judge us, always. It’s simply the way most humans are wired. We learn something about someone by seeing them acting a certain way, or we hear what they have to say, and we judge them. Sometimes it’s a simple flash from our intuition, other times it’s drawn out, calculated, and discussed with other humans. It’s natural, it’s human, and it’s life. We seek approval, validation, and praise, because without it we feel lost as to where we stand. So the world is judging you, but does it really matter? This is your life! So live it to the fullest, no regrets, take the risks and if everyone is going to watch your every move, give them a show worthy of a standing ovation.

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor