6 Perks of Living On Campus as an Upperclassman

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

If you’re like me, you probably didn’t have the best experience living on campus your Freshman year. If you are like me, you probably didn’t like living at home either. So I did what few sophomores do. I moved back into the dorms, and here are a few reasons you should too. 

1. You Don’t Have To Find Parking

A Utah Student’s worst nightmare. There is nothing worse than showing up late to class because the Stadium lot was full. The worst part? You’re still going to get a ticket. 

2.   Sleeping In

Living on Campus means you have a much bigger window to get to class. You can wake up at 8:30 and still make it to your 9:00am early.

3. Being Able to Take a Nap Mid-Day

You don’t even have to search for the top 5 nap spots on campus. 

4. Have a Better Experience

Students who live on Campus are proven to be more involved. Living on campus means you don’t have to miss any events because the traffic was too bad, or you just couldn’t get out of the house. 

5. It’s Cheaper

Students who live on campus pay a housing bill, which includes utilities, Internet, and cable. 

6. You Don’t Need a Roommate

Do people in single rooms even realize how lucky they are? Roommate conflict is almost always unavoidable. Going home every night and having a space that is only yours? That is ideal. 

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor