5 Things Collegiettes Should Be Thankful for this Holiday

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

With the holiday season coming up, now is the time to sit and back and realize what you should be thankful for.  During these next upcoming months, collegiettes are usually stressed with tests, projects, and homework.  Besides school to worry about, this is the time to purchase presents and gifts for the ones that you care about most.  Therefore, it is hard to step aside and fully acknowledge the people and things in life that we are most thankful for.

1.     Family

Family is always there for you no matter what.  The love of family is everlasting.  Even though there are moments when you cannot stand them and never want to talk to them, you will always turn back to them.  Family is your number one support system and do not ever forget that.

2.     Friends

Unlike family, you get to choose your friends and those you want to surround yourself with.  Your friends are there for you when you are sad and just need to vent, and when you just need a good laugh and someone to make fun of.  They are a shoulder to cry on, people to study with, and people that will never leave your side.  Take a moment and give your friends a hug and remind them of how thankful you are for them and their support.

3.     Home

Having a place called home is a gift in itself.  Home is a place where you can unwind, get away from the world, and relax.  You can zoom out and sit back, take your shoes off, and binge watch any TV show on Netflix.  Home is a place where you are most comfortable, a place of no judgment, and a place where everything is calm.

4.     Education

Achieving an education is one of the greatest opportunities in life.  People tend to take their education for granted, and do not realize how fortunate they are to have the option of higher education.    

5.     Her Campus Utah

Her Campus Utah is here to provide you daily articles to help you get through your week!  HC offers funny articles to lighten up your, advice in any situation, or just a great article to read when you need to.  Whenever you need something to do, go to hercampus.com/school/utah and search for a good read to get your mind off of things!  

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor