5 Salt Lake City Restaurants That Will Become Your New Favorites

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Growing up in a smaller town, basically, every restaurant available was some form of a chain. Need a nice place for a celebration? Olive Garden is just around the corner. Want a quick coffee? There is always a Starbucks nearby. But the thing about chains is that you don’t get that satisfaction of supporting people in your own community. Since I moved to Salt Lake, I have become slightly obsessed with local businesses, so I have compiled a list of local businesses for whatever occasion needed.

Date Night

The Dodo Restaurant

I recently went here for the first time, and I was completely impressed. The service was fantastic, the atmosphere was perfect, and the food was above and beyond. I am one of those people who has to try all the food at the table, so I can confidently say the honey-baked salmon, the garden sandwich, and the pineapple chicken teriyaki are all out of this world. Plus, their dessert menu is immense, and what is better than that?

Sushi

Takashi

Okay, so I am a total sucker for sushi, but at the time I am super picky. Seafood is a touchy subject, so it better be good if you think I will eat it. Well, Takashi definitely passed my test. The Sunshine roll was so excessively fantastic that it took all my self-control to not order fifty more rolls to go. The one thing that is a downer is the high prices, but you definitely can taste the quality! (Pictured from left to right: Sunshine, Venus(not on the menu), Little Mermaid)

Coffee

Salt Lake Coffee Break

Coffee shops’ atmospheres are just as important as their coffee, which is why SLCB is such an awesome spot. It is right on 400 South downtown, and it has the cutest outside seating for when it (finally) warms up. Their coffee is fantastic, and they have mouth-watering pastries. They also have an abundance of tea options, and even sandwiches and other meal options!

Mexican

Chile-Tepin

Okay so my passion for Mexican food is somewhat ridiculous, so when I found this place I fangirled more than when I saw One Direction in concert when I was fifteen. The food was to die for, and the restaurant is extremely clean and well updated. The location is convenient, and the prices are affordable, and the chips and salsa are fantastic. (Pictured: Shrimp fajitas with rice and beans)

Vietnamese

Pho Thin

One of the best things about Pho Thin is that they do carry-out, which is a lifesaver when it comes to having a girls night. They have some great vegetarian options, and the shrimp Singapore noodles (pictured)  is one of those dishes you can eat your weight in. The price is a little more expensive, but the portions are massive and well worth it!

Dive in, collegiettes, but before you do, check out the local hot-spots! 

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor