Wellness > Sex + Relationships

5 Moments You Have When Both You and Your Besties Are In Relationships

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

I have been in a relationship for about seven months and my best friend has just DTRed last month. Another one of our friends has recently re-entered the dating game, and I’m here to share the odd and unique moments you experience when you and your friends are all in relationships.

Unsatiable amounts of “Awww”, “That’s so cute”, and “EEEEEEE”

When both you and your best friend are in love, it means there’s going to be a surprising amounts of inhuman sounds, most of which only dogs can hear, whenever you discuss your relationships together.

Uncanny amounts of support

Usually, when sharing a gooey moment about your significant other with your friends, you are met with a plethora of “ewww” and “nobody cares.” But, when you share with friends already in relationships, the likelihood that they resonate with your lovey-dovey stories is much higher.

Unnecessarily personal stories

On the flip side, when both you and your friend are in a relationship, the amount of information your friend is willing to share about their relationship goes up tremendously. Suddenly, instead of hearing about the usual activities of their mediocre dates, you’re listening to an almost-explicit story about their adventure tongue thrusting their significant other’s ear.

Unequal emphasis on love in conversation

When you and a bestie are both in love, conversations naturally gravitate towards knowing about each other’s relationships. It’s a little weird if you really think about it. But whether you like it or not, you’re going to find yourself asking about how your friend is doing, while feeling an overpowering need to ask about their lover’s life as well.

Unknown moments of bonding

I’m not sure if anyone else has noticed this phenomenon, but when you and your bestie are both in love, you become closer. Discussing and fangirling over love allows both you and your bestie to be vulnerable with each other, and therefore, become even closer as friends.

Regardless of how cringey or weird these moments can become, they are still moments that should be honored and remembered. So, go on, talk about how beautiful your partner’s eyes are with your girls, and listen when they tell you how great their partner’s hair is.

Photo Source  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Taylor like Swift, Packer like Greenbay