5 Life Lessons Told Through Audrey Hepburn Quotes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Everyone knows Audrey Hepburn as the beautiful movie star, but she was so much more than just a pretty face. Most people don’t know just how smart and wise she really was. She was a talented actress, a loving mother, a fashion icon, and a dedicated humanitarian. She has taught me a lot about myself, and I try to implement her wisdom into my every day life. I often find myself asking WWAD (what would Audrey do)? Most of the time it inspires me to lead a better life, so here are 5 life lessons as told by Audrey Hepburn:

“I believe in manicures. I believe in overdressing. I believe in primping at leisure and wearing lipstick. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot.  I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles. “

I love this quote because it reminds us to enjoy the little things in life. It shows us the importance of taking care of ourselves and living in the moment. Live your life unapologetically and never forget to be happy with you’re your life today instead of worrying about the future.  

“The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.”

Whether we like to admit it or not at one point or another everyone needs someone to rely on. Its great to be independent and self reliant but that isn’t always and option. So the lesson is that when things go south, it’s great to have someone beside you to hold your hand, and walk through the fire together.

“For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with knowledge that you are never alone.”

This quote is amazing because it explains to us that true beauty comes from within us, instead of our external appearance. It teaches us that we are beautiful because of our actions. You aren’t beautiful because of how you look you, are beautiful because of how you treat yourself and others.

“As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands, one for helping yourself, and the other for helping others.”

Many of you may not know that towards the end of her life Audrey Hepburn made multiple humanitarian trips to some of the poorest countries in the world as UNICEF Ambassador. She dedicated her life to helping others less fortunate. This quote teaches us that we have the duty to help better the lives of others, especially when we find ourselves in a position where we can do so.

“Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible!’”

This quote is my personal favorite piece of Audrey wisdom because it helps me remember that I am capable of doing anything I want to do.  This quote teaches us the lesson that our only limitations in this world are ourselves. Nothing in this life is impossible as long as you are willing to do the work and fight for our dreams.

Audrey Hepburn has taught me countless life lessons that I guarantee have made me more thoughtful and compassionate person. These life lessons are definitely advice that will lead you to live a happy and more fulfilled existence.

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor