5 Ice Cream Places in SLC You Need to Visit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Summer is nearing its end, which means the spooky season is just around the corner! While I cannot wait for fall, there are just some things you can only do in the summer. For one thing, you get to enjoy the outdoors more with activities like paddleboarding, kayaking, swimming, and outdoor concerts. While these activities are fun, there is one thing that screams summer, the entity of summer is…ice cream. That’s right! Nothing says summer, like a waffle cone containing your favorite flavor of ice cream. And while a simple cone or cup of ice cream is quite indulging, listed below are five places here in Salt Lake City with insta-worthy frozen delights!

Doki Doki

249 E 400 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84111​

Rolled ice cream is starting to take off in a big way and Doki Doki has successfully managed to find ways to make their rolled ice cream unique by rolling it inside sweet Japanese crêpes. Doki Doki also serves different cream teas, along with boba tea for those who like their beverages to have a bit of texture. Beat the summer rush and get there now!

Normal Ice Cream

525 Trolley Square, Salt Lake City, UT 84102​

Alexa Norlin, founder of Normal Ice Cream, was originally a pastry chef, but delved into ice cream when she figured out she loved the originality of the treat (and the fact that Utahns love it). Normal Ice Cream is served at an ice cream truck inside Trolley Square. Special flavors vary every week, all in all you will find normal ice cream with a twist (get it?!).

Dolcetti Gelato

​902 E 900 S, Salt Lake City, UT 84105

Enjoy a little taste of Italy in Utah. Dolcetti Gelato is a gelato cafe serving fresh, handmade gelato from a rotating cabinet of over 150 artisinal flavors. In addition to their most famous treat, Dolcetti Gelato also serves macarons, pastries, tea, and espresso. So, if you ever wanted to travel to Italy but couldn’t afford it, by all means, stop by 9th and 9th to experience Italy through your taste buds!

Spilled Milk Ice Cream and Cereal Bar

1700 S 900 E, Salt Lake City, UT

The beautiful combination of cereal and ice cream! Not only are Spilled Milk Ice Cream and Cereal Bar cones freaking adorable and Instagram worthy, but the cereal is perfectly distributed throughout the ice cream creating the ideal bite every time. 

Mimi’s Munchies

4691 W 3500 S, West Valley City, UT 84120

For all the ice-cream lovers who love just a little extra flavor and spice, Mimi’s Munchies is the place for you! If you want something savory, there are various flavors such as mango, lime, or watermelon, which are topped off with Mexican candies, chamoy sauce, and tajin. Or, if you want something sweeter you can choose to get the strawberries and cream cup. Whatever your mood, Mimi’s Munchies has you covered!

Before it starts getting chillier and darker, make sure to stop by these unique ice cream spots! But, let’s be honest, any time is ice cream time!

Pictures: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor