5 Halloween Costumes That Are Not Offensive

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

It seems that people are having trouble figuring out what is and what isn’t offensive when it comes to Halloween costumes. If you are one of these people, here are five costume ideas that are creative and won’t offend entire cultures.

1. Edward Scissorhands

Your hands might be a little useless, but maybe you could give out haircuts at parties?

1. Doctor Who and his companion

“I’m the Doctor. I’m a Time Lord. I’m from the planet Gallifrey in the constellation of Kasterborous. I’m 903 years old, and I’m the man who’s gonna save your lives and all six billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?” Who’s your favorite Doctor and companion?

1. Pennywise

If you already have a receding hairline, this might be the perfect costume for you. Nah, but this is definitely one of the creepiest Halloween costumes for 2017. Add your own twist to it, like James Charles or Glam&Gore.

1. Dead Taylor Swift

The new Taylor Swift came back this year in all her glory (and snakes). Why not be the old Taylor, cuz she’s dead? (Zombies like Halloween).

1. Your favorite character on Game of Thrones

Dany, Jon, Sansa, Littlefinger. Be a character you love (or hate) from the best show on Earth. Trust me, no one will be offended, AND you might gain a lot of new friends.

Have fun, be safe, and do it without being offensive. Happy Halloweekend!

A girl studying Journalism at the University of Utah. When she is not writing, Nina enjoys novels, her cute dog, dancing in the air and buying excessive amounts of skincare that she doesn't need. 
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor