Dimi Boutselis-Bag Fashion Style Flowers Boho Minimal White Brick
Dimi Boutselis / Her Campus
Style

5 Fall Essentials Your Wardrobe Needs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

With the incoming of a new season, there are bound to be new trends that we are all dying to get our hands on. Thankfully, fall 2019 is nearly here, and with it so are the latest and greatest in style. That being said, not all of us can go out to buy everything for the new season, but not to fret – here are 5 easy pieces to elevate your fall wardrobe.

A Cute Cardigan

Thought cardigans were reserved for catholic school and coverups? Think again. Wearing a fitted or baggy cardigan by itself is a new way to revamp an old style.

White Wide-Leg Jeans

Whoever said you shouldn’t wear white past labor day clearly did not know what they were talking about. White wide-leg jeans are a cute way to incorporate a lighter feeling into the months when we typically see darker colors dominating the general public. Additionally, turning this into a monochromatic outfit is a surefire way to stay on-trend.

Matching Separates

Of course, we love our matching tank and short sets for summer, but the arrival of cold weather doesn’t mean we have to stop our matching sets. A great way to incorporate this into the autumn months is by playing with brighter colors and more structured fits or formal patterns.

A Statement Blazer

Who knew that we would ever willingly be wearing blazers outside of the office? But with these cute colors and proportions, how can we resist? One important thing to keep in mind when wearing this look is to pair the blazer (typically a professional piece of clothing) with more casual pieces to give it more of a fun and youthful spin on the classic.

Cowboy Boots

This summer, we definitely saw the yeehaw trend in full force both in style and pop culture. But if you thought the end of summer would bring the end of cowboy boots, think again. Once again, pairing these with a sweatshirt dress or even just a pair of black skinny jeans will transform this once costume piece into a staple in your closet.

Image Credits: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Emily is currently a senior studying Marketing with double-minors in Writing & Rhetoric Studies and Political Science. Following her undergraduate studies, she hopes to attend law school. Aside from schoolwork and Her Campus, Emily participates in Greek life, student government, Women in Business, and the American Marketing Association. She is also an avid skier, camp counselor, and a part-time fashion blogger.
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor