5 Actors You Didn’t Know Could Sing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

They’re our favorite onscreen actors because they can instantly make us cry and feel as if we were there in the scene of their latest blockbuster hit. But did you know? Some of them can even wow us with their voices like the angel’s from above! It’s ok if after the shock and awe wear off that all you can think is, “Seriously?!” Don’t forget, they don’t get paid the big bucks for nothing… they can do it all!

1.  Kate Hudson.

This sunny actress turned sultry for a role in the 1960’s themed musical Nine. She also played recurring character, Cassie July, in the popular TV show Glee.

2.  Joseph Gordon-Levitt

We fell for his boy-next-door looks in 500 Days of Summer, Don Jon, and Inception, but now he is singing his way into our hearts. And he’s good! Who doesn’t want a man of all trades?!

3.  Keira Knightley

Stripped of her usual period piece costume, Keira proves she has raw talent in Begin Again. She plays a singer-song writer new to Manhattan alongside Adam Levine and Mark Ruffalo.

4.  Jennifer Lawrence 

You know that song you keep hearing on the radio that goes, “Are you, are you, coming to the tree…?” Yes that’s right, it’s our girl JLaw singing from her new movie Mocking Jay. She just seems to keep getting a little more perfect, if that is even possible!

5.  Robert Downey Jr.

Robert Downey Jr. is best known for his role as the superhero Iron Man, but did know underneath that tough guy was an amazing singing voice? He has a song alongside singer Sting called “Driven to Tears”. Check it out!

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor