This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Watching Gossip Girl re-runs, walking down the streets of New York City, or by even looking at all style blogs, you’ll notice New york girls have the chicest style. And the best part about their style… it’s not hard to achieve at all! You just need a few tips to help achieve the perfect New york look! 

1.     Wear all black.

New York girls like to stick to only one color pallet when dressing. Black is the color they enjoy wearing the most, but if you’re afraid of wearing all black pick a different color such as navy or even a dark purple. By picking one color it makes you look very chic and sophisticated. 

2.     Have the perfect pair of sunnies.

Go out and get the perfect pair of sunglassses. NYC girls wear sunglasses no matter the weather. Whether it’s snowing, sunny, or raining you’ll never see them without their sunglasses. Not only are you going to look stylish, but you’re protecting your eyes. Throw on the sunglasses and your another step closer to becoming a chic New York girl.

3.     Rock skinny jeans and a t-shirt.

Get the perfect skinnies and boyfriend tee, and you’re set! This is a look New York women wear all the time. It’s so easy and every college girl can pull this off. This outfit combination really will make you look oh so chic!

4.     Show off your confidence.

My advice to girls and guys all the time: No matter what you’re wearing, always wear it with confidence! If you have confidence, you can rock anything! To dress like a New York confidence is your most important staple!! 

Be confident and dress oh so chic collegiettes™! HCXO!

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor