4 Tips To Make Your Commute More Productive

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

If you are one of those ‘lucky’ people who are able to commute to school every day, then you can understand the struggle. From trying to save the environment by using public transportation, to missing said public transportation and having to fight traffic, there are a series of things that make it difficult. Nothing can quite make it completely better; here are 4 tips on how to make your commute more productive!

1. Record your lectures and listen to them while getting to school.

I mostly drive to school, I spend a lot of time listening to the radio. I wanted to find a way to not waste hours of my day sitting in my car, so I started recording my lectures and listening to them while driving. By doing that I was able to do a form of studying while driving. This is the perfect way to get in some studying while you’re sitting in traffic!

2. Don’t leave campus when it is rush hour. Ever. 

This may seem like common sense, but having a class that ends at 5 pm and wanting to rush home isn’t really an option. Stick around, do some homework, and leave when you won’t have to sit on the freeway for hours. The library is usually empty at this time anyway so you can have plenty of quiet time to binge on some Netflix in a womb chair or study hard on the 3rd floor.

3. Be prepared to be on campus all day.

If you are commuting, you don’t have the luxury of going home between each one of your breaks. Use the time on campus to get everything done and use all of your resources. Bring a lunch and no judgment if you have to take a nap at random places around campus! The union has a room complete with fireplaces and comfy couches!

4. Take Trax.

Yes, here is the best, most annoying tip. I can’t explain how much I hated taking Trax… but really it is the best option if you want to use the most of your time. Instead of worrying about driving you can focus on a lot more! You are not wasting gas, you don’t have to fight traffic, and have a set time to get home if nothing crazy happens to the train!

Good job on the commute, collegiettes! 

Brandi Lyn Johnson20 years old... but a child at heart. Pre-Nursing Major and working at Primary Children's Hospital.Changing the world one Netflix Series at a time.I think dogs are better than humans.I don't like the dark.  
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor