timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

4 Subscription Boxes You Have to Try

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

There are few things more trivially exciting than coming home from class or work to see a package on your doorstep. And with subscription boxes, you can enjoy this little joy on the regular! But which one do you choose? As a rapidly growing industry, there are seemingly countless options. Do you go for beauty products, a lifestyle box, or yummy snacks? Maybe all three? It’s overwhelming, to say the least so, to start you off, I’ve rounded up a few of the top-rated subscription boxes out there. Subscriptions to any of these boxes make incredible gifts for all of your friends and family (but I won’t tell if you decide to gift it to yourself instead).

Ipsy

This is the go-to subscription box for college students. At $10 a month, you receive five trial-size beauty products plus a cute makeup bag. Upon signing up, you fill out a fairly extensive questionnaire about your coloring, your makeup preferences, and what brands you typically shop from. If you choose, you can review each glam bag after you open it to help further customize the products (and colors) you receive. Becoming an “Ipster” may be very worth your while!

PS: check out my “Year of Ipsy” review here.

Vellabox

For all you candle lovers out there, this is the box for you. Choose from three different sizes of all-natural, hand-poured candles from $10-30 per month (plus about $2 shipping). My Subscription Addiction gave it a glowing review and was thrilled to see that each candle comes in an adorable reusable drawstring bag along with a bonus treat or beauty item. If you’re looking to explore new scents or find a gift for that impossible-to-shop friend, check them out!

The Lucerna Box: 4 oz candle for $10/month

The Ignis Box: 8 oz candle for $20/month

The Vivere Box: 4 oz + 8 oz candle for $30/month

BarkBox

What better way to spoil your favorite pup than with their very own subscription box? Simply tell them how big your dog is, and boom, customized treats and toys for your best friend. The toys are high quality, and, depending on how picky your dog is, the treats will most likely be a hit! Your fur-baby will be just as excited as you will be to get to the unboxing.

FabFitFun

It wouldn’t be a subscription box article without mentioning FabFitFun. The mother of all subscription boxes, FabFitFun is a seasonal box (rather than monthly) which brands itself as a “lifestyle box.” You could get beauty products, home goods, accessories, clothing, jewelry… really the possibilities are endless. With 4 stars on over 3000 reviews, it may even live up to all the hype. If you can spare the $50, it’s well worth checking out!

If you’d like more in-depth looks into these (and more) boxes, check out My Subscription Addiction for reviews, unboxing, coupon codes, and swaps. Happy unboxing!

Image Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor