4 Reasons Why You Need a Sweater Dress

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

It’s cold out there; winter time is quickly approaching. You know what that means though collegiettes™… SWEATER WEATHER! It’s the best time of the year, and this year instead of just wearing any sweater, vamp it up with a sweater dress! This will make you more stylish, but still just as warm. Still not a good enough reason? Well let me keep going and tell you four simple reasons why you should be rocking a sweater dress!

1.  It keeps you warm.

This reason is pretty obvious, but while you’re keeping warm you’re also looking so cute in that chunky cute sweater. To help your legs keep warm wear a pair of leggings or knee-high socks to help your legs just as warm.

2.  You’re going to look so stylish.

There are so many different styles and types of sweater dresses out there. You can make the look your own by adding a cute pair of riding boots, leg warmers, printed tights, a scarf, or beanie, etc. The options are endless! Plus the great thing about sweater dresses are they can be worn tight or loose, it’s whatever you prefer.

3. Your boyfriends sweater can be your new sweater dress.

I’ve done this a few times and it works magically! If you don’t have a boyfriend go look through your dad’s, grandpa’s, or mom’s closet. You’ll find some cute sweaters that will be perfect to wear as a sweater dress! Also it may be vintage, which is another plus side.

4.  It’s such a great 70’s trend.

There are millions of different style knits; the option for the perfect sweater dress does exist! Also, this is an easy look to rock all fall and winter long!

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor