4 Best Recipes to Make with Oreo’s

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

There are countless packaged cookies you could choose from while walking down the aisle at the grocery store but as appealing as Chips Ahoy, or frosted animal crackers may be…most people can’t resist grabbing that rectangular, blue package of cookies and cream delight. Oreos are not only good for licking the cream out of or dipping in milk or peanut butter, but are delicious when used in desserts! They are also vegan. What a gift.

Cookies ‘n’ Cream Cake

¼ cup butter, softened

¾ cup sugar

1 egg

¾ cup sour cream

1 tsp vanilla

1 cup flour

½ tsp baking soda

½ tsp baking powder

¼ cup water

8 Oreos or any cream-filled

cookies coarsely chopped

Topping:

¾ cup whipping cream

¼ cup powdered sugar

4 cookies finely ground

Cake: Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9-in pan. Cream butter and sugar, add egg, sour cream, and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients and add to the wet mixture just until combined as well as the chopped cookies. Bake for 30-35 minutes until toothpick comes out clean and let cool for 10 minutes.

Topping: Beat cream and sugar until it is thick and fold in the ground cookies. Spread on top of the cake once it is cooled.

SLUTTY BROWNIES

*Easiest, most sinful dessert ever, I promise. 

1 package store bought chocolate chip cookie dough (or homemade if you’d like)

1 package Oreos

1 family size box of brownie mix (as prepared)

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and generously grease a 9×13 in. baking dish.  Spread the cookie dough evenly on the bottom of the pan, arrange the Oreos on top, and spread the prepared brownie batter on top. Cover the pan with foil and bak for the 30 min. then remove the foil and bake for an additional 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool completely. Good luck waiting.

Oreo Parfait’s

2 cups (about 16) chopped strawberries

8 coarsely chopped Oreos

1 cup whipping cream

½ cup powdered sugar

Beat cream and sugar until it is thick and whipped. Layer the chopped strawberries, whipped cream and Oreos in 4 oz. cups. Refrigerate. Enjoy.

http://www.snackworks.com/recipe/oreo-crunch-parfait-105176.aspx

Oreo Cookie Butter

You can spread Oreos on other things, even more Oreos!

1 package of Oreos

¼ cup coconut oil

Combine the cookies and coconut oil in a food processor for 5 minutes, scrape down the sides and let it run for 3 more minutes. When it finishes and cools, it will be the consistency of peanut butter and can be held at room temperature in a jar or Tupperware. Best spread on graham crackers or toast. It is also vegan!http://thekitchenpaper.com/oreo-cookie-butter/

If you’re looking to spice up your everyday Oreos, or if cookies ‘n’ cream ice cream isn’t doing the trick, definitely try any of these easy recipes! They may not fit into your new year’s resolution but like… treat yo’self. It’s worth it.

Notorious foodie and optimist, hoping to cook for a living and experience a vast cultural variety. Business student, Netflix ethusiast, and avid day dreamer, just trying to make it through college and fulfill my potential. 
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor