3 Reasons to go on Vacation with Your Besties

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

In the words of the famous 80’s girlband, The GoGo’s, vacation is all we’ve ever wanted right? Well, it is time to stop dreaming of that island vacation and get out there. Even if you’re looking for a quick local getaway, it is the perfect time of year to stop and relax with spring break right around the corner. One way to make your trip more rewarding is to bring along your BFF biffles. Here are three reasons why you won’t want to leave on that jet plane just yet until you’ve got your bestie in hand. 

Venturing out alone can be scary

Taking a vacation by yourself can be uplifting. It can release your inner independence goddess, but reeling it in and taking a new path with a friend can be comforting. New places can often times lead you to get lost, confused, and ultimately alone. There is no shame in needing to follow the buddy system during any vacation. Having your BFF near means you never have to stray alone. Plus, you’ll always have a shoulder to cry on when your apple navigation blows and you just can’t. 

Trying new things is easier with your best friend

I don’t know about you, but putting myself out there is so much easier when I have a friend to do it with me. When you go on a vacation it should be about trying new things. Meeting new people, going out to bars and restaurants you’re not used to, and even trying that questionable lunch special is all part of the fun in any new place you visit. Having your best friend there to comfort you through it all is priceless. All of these situations may leave you on the floor laughing over their epic fail, but who’s better to have then your besties right on the floor with you?

Life is short don’t go on living in FOMO

Yes, yes, vacations can be expensive. Vacations can be especially pricey for the average college student. Getting to a land of shiny beaches and endless margaritas may drain your bank account, but do not let that boggle you down from getting out with your girls. These high-priced vacations should be a special treat. Make plans for small vacations to really create unforgettable moments. Utah has so many options to retreat to for a spontaneous weekend vacation. Make sure to take advantage of the time you have with your friends. Life only gets busier. Taking small or big meaningful trips with all your best friends is really the memories you’ll cherish in the end. 

Let’s go girls! 

Dreaming of living in the big apple and working at rockefeller center. Not ashamed to own and love the Kim Kardashian Selfie book. Feminist by nature, pessimistic by choice and proud of it. 
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor