This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

It seems that we are finally past that awkward weather stage in the fall.  You know, where you freeze in the morning and sweat to death in the afternoon?  The bad part is finally over, and we are ready for true, crisp fall weather.  When the temperature drops, it’s all about layering – one of my favorite cold weather trends. Layering gives you the ability to combine cozy and cute, which is great for the chilly weather.  Here are 3 great ways to layer and get the perfect cold weather look:

Oversized Cardigans

Oversized cardigans are great and can be thrown over just about anything.  Pair an oversized cardi with a chambray top, and a pair of skinny jeans to look sleek and feel cozy.

Bright Colored Coats

Bright colors aren’t just for spring and summer.  Add a pop of color to your neutral fall/winter colors with a bright coat.  Throw it over a sweater, add a trouser pant and some flats for a cute look.

Bold Scarves

Scarves are a great way to add warmth and to layer.  Add a printed scarf with a leather jacket and dark jeans to add some flair to your look.

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor