brett jordan fmqhTMu4IVU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
brett jordan fmqhTMu4IVU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

15 Cats on Instagram That Will Brighten Your Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

The highlight of social media is undoubtedly cute animal videos, and we should be doing more to take advantage of all the cuteness that is just a few clicks away. If your Instagram feed is boring and/or depressing, allow these furry angels to brighten your social media experience. 

1. Aurora (@aurorapurr)

Followers: 229K

They don’t call her Princess Aurora for nothing – look at her! This fluffy angel is prettier than any human on Earth.

2. Graveskull (@graveskullthepersian)

Followers: 140K

Graveskull is famous for giving her mom “meow”ssages. Beautiful and talented!

3. Hamilton (@hamilton_the_hipster_cat)

Followers: 768K

Hamilton’s mustache is so beautifully defined that hipster dudes all over the world are envious. He knows his ‘stache is awesome, and he isn’t afraid to show it off.

4. Roux (@lilbunnysueroux)

Followers: 534K

Roux was born without front legs, but it doesn’t hold her back one bit! Her parents describe her as a cat/bunny/kangaroo/T. rex.

5. Tiramisu (@tiramisu.meow)

Followers: 10.3K

Tiramisu (or Misu for short) gets her name from her coloring. Besides her precious face, she’s popular for her funny and adorable videos.

6. Bonnie and Clyde (@bonnienclydekitties)

Followers: 162K

These fluffballs are twins! They have a special bond, and often play with each other, snuggle together, or give each other baths.

7. George and Wheezy (@tinaf78)

Followers: 69.4K

These two kitties look very different, but they’re inseparable! Wheezy’s charm is in her squished face, and George’s is in his luxurious long fur.

8. Princess Monster Truck (@princessmonstertruck)

Followers: 281K

Princess Monster Truck gets her name from her awesome underbite. Her owners found her as a stray on the streets of New York, took her in, and made her an internet sensation!

9. Sam (@samhaseyebrows)

Followers: 238K

Sam is famous for his funny eyebrows, which stand out against the rest of his all-white fur. His brows might make him look distressed, but Sam is as funny and curious as it gets.

10. Smoothie (@smoothiethecat)

Followers: 1.1M

Smoothie earned the nickname “The Queen of Fluff”, and rightfully so. She’s blessed with an elegant orange coat and dreamy green eyes.

11. Snoopy (@snoopybabe)

Followers: 357K

Snoopy rose to fame on Weibo, the most popular social media in China. Getting lost in those big, adorable eyes is a pretty good way to spend your time on Instagram.

12. Atchoum (@atchoumthecat)

Followers: 259K

This kitty takes fluff to a whole new level, and he’s inspired a fair number of memes. Looking like a grumpy old man (or the Grinch) has never been so adorable.

13. Albert (@albertbabycat)

Followers: 553K

Albert is a Munchkin cat, which means his legs are much shorter than other cats’. The tiny legs are precious, but it’s the markings on his face and his stunning blue eyes that make him the total package.

14. Venus (@venustwofacecat)

Followers: 1.3M

Venus is two faced in the best way possible. She uses her unique looks to inspire others to be confident in themselves. We could all use a little inspiration from Venus, tbh.

15. Monty (@monty_happiness)

Followers: 366K

Monty has chromosome abnormalities, making him look different than other cats. He proves to all of us that his special features are what make him so adorable, and that being different is a good thing!

Pull your phone out, open Instagram, look up these cats in any order you wish, and let them magically improve your internet experience.

I'm a sophomore at the University of Utah majoring in Communications with a minor in Gender Studies. When I'm not studying or sleeping, I enjoy figure skating and listening to podcasts with my cat. 
    Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor