freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

13 Times We Fell in Love With Jonas Brothers

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Many of us collegiettes grew up listening to, loving and drooling over the Jonas Brothers.  They were cool, hot, and there were three of them so you and your BFFs could all pick your own Jonas Brother that you each would obviously marry.  From their first album in 2006 to today they’ve been one of the most charming boy bands making us fall in love with them along the way.  Here are thirteen times they made us swoon.

1.When we all saw their music video for Hold on

For me this was the first time I’d heard of this dark haired boy band let alone seen them on TV.  They were just a little edgy but very cool and they had hot hair.  I, like many other preteens, was sold. 

2.The SOS music video

Don’t pretend you didn’t turn the TV up when this music video came on the Disney Channel.  This song was a banger and the music video was straight up nautically adorable.  Who would dare break any of their hearts?!  Are the girls in the music video blind?!  Hugs are not overrated Nick! I’ll take one!!

3.The Hannah Montana episode with them in it.

This is one of the first times we saw that the Jonas Brothers were funny as well as the cutest band since NSYNC.  Don’t lie to yourself, this was one of the  best Hannah Montana episodes and was where we all began shipping Nick and Miley. 

4.When Nick and Miley were dating.

Speaking of Nick and Miley, remember their cute but hush hush relationship?  They tried to deny rumors but with cute pics of the two at amusement parks they were obviously an item.  It wasn’t until after the break up that Miley came out and said they had been in love and Nick wrote the song Sorry for her that we knew our suspicions of romance had been right all along. 

5.The Burnin’ Up music video

The song was called Burnin’ Up for a good reason, this music video was super hot.  This is one of the first times we see Nick as sexy and not just the cute, youngest Jonas.  The video also got points for being kind of funny, every girl wants a boy with a sense of humor right? And let’s be honest, we were all super jealous of Selena being some serious Nick Jonas arm candy. 

6.Camp Rock

This Disney Channel Original movie was definitely made in hopes that it would reach High School Musical popularity as another musical for preteens.  It probably was never as popular but where HSM had one Zac Efron, Camp Rock had all three Jonas Brothers.  And we all saw the sparks fly between Joe and Demi, which eventually lead to their relationship. 

7.Their concert biopic Jonas Brothers: The 3D Concert Experience

This was before everyone was obsessing over the Justin Bieber biopic that would come out in 2011.  This movie made the Jonas Brothers seem so real and relatable.  Just a couple Christian kids from New Jersey trying to make some music.  Twelve-year-old you was definitely sighing with admiration the whole movie. 

8.Their rolling stone cover

As the youngest band to be on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine I have one word: SEXY!

9.Kevin’s E! Reality series Married to Jonas

We were all bummed about the band’s split but we were so happy to see Kevin married to his cute wife Danielle Deleasa. 

10. Nick Jonas in the Les Miserables 25th anniversary concert

We hadn’t heard much from the Jonas Brothers in the months preceding this but when Nick appeared in the Les miserable 25th anniversary concert we were all a little slack-jawed.  This showed just how versatile and talented Nick is and the more grown up role was definitely hot. 

11. Nick’s Calvin Klein ad.

There are no words needed. 

12. Nick’s hit single Jealous

This has probably been Nick’s biggest solo hit and I’m sure I speak for everyone when I say I hope we see a lot more like this. The cutie we all obsessed over as preteens was back and hotter than before. 

13. Joe in Grease: Live!

Joe’s current band DNCE hasn’t quite made it big yet but his small cameo in Grease: Live! was just what we’ve been waiting for since Joe went solo. 

Communications major at the University of UtahDiet Coke and sea monster enthusiastTrying to change the world one sarcastic article at a time
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor