galentine\'s day party
galentine\'s day party
Krista Stucchio

10 V-Day Treats You’ll Like Better Than Your Boyfriend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Whether you’re single, married, or “it’s complicated,” we all need a bit of pampering on Valentine’s Day. And what’s the best way to pamper yourself? Food, of course! These ten V-Day treats don’t need anything but a bit of chocolate and frosting. Who needs a boyfriend when you have these?

Conversation Heart Cake 

Conversation hearts are a staple part of Valentine’s Day. Let’s be honest, though…they’re kind of gross. Make V-Day delicious by making conversation hearts into a cake!

Valentine’s Strawberry and Cream Popcorn

The only problem I can foresee with this recipe is resisting the urge to eat it all while cooking. This recipe is perfect for those who want an easy, quick, and delicious treat to share. 

Fancy Cookie Designs

If you’re an artist, not a baker, this is the treat day for you. SweetAmbsCooking shows you how to decorate heart simple sugar-cookies for V-Day. This could be a fun activity to do with your roommates!

Hidden Heart Cake

With this delicious recipe, you can help your cake come out of the closet! Make sure your Valentine’s party has representation with this hidden heart cake. 

Linzer Heart Cookies

Want to be fancy? Want a show-stopper to prove to your parents you aren’t completely helpless in the kitchen? This is the treat for you! These cookies are simple to make and still look impressive. 

Redemption Cake Pops

Did you attempt making one of the cake recipes only to have it fail? All is not lost! Use the cake crumbs to make these delicious themed cake pops. 

Heart Brownies

Sometimes you just need chocolate. This simple recipe is perfect to satisfy your craving, and is also adorable!

Oreo No-Bake Truffles

Who doesn’t love Oreos? These truffles are incredibly easy to make, and you don’t even have to have an oven. 

Impressive Rose Cake Pops

Now, I’m not saying that these cake pops will save your relationship…but they certainly couldn’t hurt. These pops are gorgeous and will be sure to make all your friends jealous. The only downside to this recipe is you need to already have specific piping tips. 

Last-Minute Pretzels

Did you get invited to a Valentine’s Day party an hour before? Are you frantically trying to come up with a treat for your Galentine’s friends? No fear! These chocolate-covered pretzels are fast, simple, and cheap to make for the girl on the go. 

Valentine’s Day can be hard. Between emotional turbulence and let-down expectations, it’s a wonder we still celebrate the holiday at all! Treat yourself to something you want this Valentine’s Day by making one of these delicious treats. 

Hello! I am a junior studying Peace & Conflict Studies and Strategic Communication at the University of Utah. I am also minoring in Political Science. I am passionate about advocacy, education, and Star Trek!
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor