nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nastuh abootalebi yWwob8kwOCk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Tips for Productive Procrastination

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Procrastination is something everyone does whether you like to admit it or not. I would be lying if I said I didn’t procrastinate most days. Procrastination is almost inevitable. So, if you’re going to procrastinate anyway, why not try to do something productive with the time you’re wasting? If you don’t think this article is going to help you, you’re probably procrastinating right now anyway, so why not just give these 10 tips a try.

1. Go on a walk

Getting some fresh air and stretching your legs can be really beneficial for clearing your mind and enabling you to refocus. It doesn’t have to be a long one if you’re really feeling lazy. Just get up and get outside.

2. Go to the gym 

Going to the gym and working out is a great way to spend your time because you can focus on something besides your work for about 2 hours, all while staying fit.

3. Clean your room 

There’s always something you can do to organize or clean your room. Even if you think it’s spotless, you can still find something to tidy up. 

4. Do your laundry 

C’mon, stop putting it off and just do it. I promise the washing machine doesn’t bite. 

5. Plan out your week

Get your planner or just grab a blank piece of paper and write out what you have to accomplish during the week. You’ll feel a whole lot better when you actually write out the things you have to do over the next couple days, and it will help prevent procrastination in the first place. 

6. Call/FaceTime your family and friends

Do it! I promise they miss you so much more than you can imagine. 

7. Read the news/Get caught up on life 

Staying up-to-date with what is happening in our world is extremely important. Educate yourself about the problems our society is facing today and you’ll be surprised at the benefit it has on your life. 

8. Organize your junk drawer 

I know it might seem scary, but you might find some hidden treasures. It will also bring you peace of mind knowing you finally tackled that monster. 

9. Take a power nap 

I’m not saying nap for 3 hours, just take a quick power nap to rejuvenate and refocus yourself on the task you should be doing. Sometimes power naps can also boost your energy and positivity, so it’s worth a try. 

10. Complete your easy tasks 

You will feel better about procrastinating if you get small, busy-work type tasks out of the way. It clears up your schedule while also relieving stress about minimal tasks that could be hanging over your head.

I hope these tips helped you realize that you can be productive while you procrastinate so you don’t feel totally awful about putting off your responsibilities. Now, go get back to work! 

Photo Source: 12

Sophomore at the University of Utah!
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor