10 Tiktok Drinks You Need to Try on Your Next Starbucks Run

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Starbucks has so many combinations — it can be overwhelming as a first-timer, especially now that they have the new OATLY oat milk. And Tiktok is no help, they tell you all the flavors but never how many pumps, how it actually tastes, or how to order it without sounding crazy! I’ve compiled a list of tried and true Starbucks masterpieces for you whenever you’re feeling spontaneous or are simply tired of your regular Starbucks order. Maybe you’ll even discover your new regular!

1. Grande Iced White Mocha with Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Foam and Extra Caramel Drizzle

This is THE staple Starbucks drink on TikTok. Most people love it, but others think it tastes like diabetes in a cup — so tread cautiously. Most people are too scared to order this one because of how complex it sounds, but trust me, it’ll get worse as the list goes on. If you’re ever too anxious to order these, just tell them you saw it on Tiktok! I’m sure they get plenty of unusual requests thanks to the app.

2. Grande Iced Matcha Latte with 2 Pumps of Chai

Everyone I know who has tried this and loves both chai and matcha claims it tastes “like the moon,” which is a little confusing. Tiktok is raving over this drink, but personally I’m not a fan. I actually think it tastes like dirt. However, if you love both matcha and chai this could be for you! 

3. Grande Iced Chai Latte with 2 Pumps of Cinnamon Dolce with Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Foam

This one is @annaxsitar’s go-to Starbucks order. (And now it’s mine too!) It’s seriously so good, but definitely on the sweeter side, so I’d recommend trying it without the sweet cream cold foam if you want something less intense. 

4. Grande Iced Honey Oat Milk Latte

This is the perfect drink if you’re trying to transition from super sweet teas to less sweet coffees. The balance of the honey and the oat milk gives it a mildly sweet taste, so the coffee flavor truly shines through. Personally, I can never figure out what coffee drinks to get since there are so many options that are too bitter for me, but this latte was perfect.

5. Grande Mango Dragonfruit Refresher with Light Ice, Coconut Milk, and Honey

It’s like the pink drink, but better! It’s also super simple to order — a little break from all of the complicated drinks that I’m telling you about. It’s not too sweet and isn’t heavy, which is perfect for the spring and summer. I hate having to sacrifice “dairy” drinks when I want something refreshing, so this drink gets you both! You can replace the coconut milk if you want, but it definitely adds to the tropical flavors of this order, so I recommend that you keep it!

6. Grande Brown Sugar Shaken Espresso with Oat Milk

This is a super controversial drink in the Tiktok realm. Starbucks just released it along with its brown sugar syrup, oat milk, and beautiful Earth day cups. Some think it’s way too bitter, and others think it’s just right. I actually haven’t tried this one because three shots of espresso will make me jittery and anxious, but everyone I know whose tried it recommends adding another pump of brown sugar if you need that sweetness with your coffee!

7. Venti Lemonade Peach Tea, Extra Ice, Double Blended, with Strawberry Puree on Top

One of the many double blended variations of the fruity Starbucks refreshers! It has the consistency of a slushie and is great for when it starts to get warmer out. I personally don’t like the double blended drinks just because of how it eventually separates. 

8. Venti Iced Chai Latte with 2 Pumps of Brown Sugar with Oat Milk

This tastes like a cookie — like an actual cookie! I got it as a grande and was dying from drinking so much syrup because I ordered the wrong size. But I’d highly recommend this to people who aren’t a big fan of coffee but don’t want the tea to jump out in your face.

9. Venti Iced Passion Tea with Guava Juice and Strawberry Base

This drink is BEAUTIFUL! If you don’t want it for the taste, at least get it to see how pretty it is! But the taste is also delicious and super refreshing for the upcoming warmer weather. This one is definitely something to wow your friends with.

10. Venti Iced Black Tea with Oat Milk, 3 Pumps Vanilla, 3 Pumps Brown Sugar, and 1 Pump Caramel

1. STARBUCKS MILK TEA! And it’s only $4! It tastes great and I recommend it for people who don’t have an actual boba shop nearby. If you do have a boba shop nearby though, support your local Asian businesses first! This definitely beats that viral McDonald’s drink where you pour heavy cream into their sweet tea … your stomach will thank you.

Hopefully this list inspires you to be more creative and outgoing on your next Starbucks visit! Good luck out there!

Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor