10 Cheap Spring Break Ideas That Are Still Fun

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Utah chapter.

Spring Break is almost here and we can already smell the sun screen!

If you’re trying to book a fun vacay with your besties, but aren’t exactly “rollin in dough” right now, have no fear! There is still hope for #SprangBreak2k17

Inside the U.S.

1. Myrtle Beach, South Carolina

If South Carolina isn’t one of the first places that comes to mind when you think “spring break”, think again. SC is known for their amazing, fresh seafood with a southern twist. Your new fav dishes after this trip will be Catfish stew, Lowcountry Boil, Country Captain, Frogmore Stew, Shrimp and grits, Shrimp Kedgeree, Oyster Roast, Crab cakes.

Since driving all the way to South Carolina probably isn’t on your bucket list, Justfly.com has flights starting at $80! Hurry and check them out- that deal won’t last forever!

2. Daytona Beach, Florida

What’s not to love about Florida? It’s just like California, but better. The Atlantic is actually warm enough to swim in and the food will inspire you. No juice cleanse, Hollywood shenanigans here; just good tanning by the sea.

Justfly.com (coming in clutch this year) has a deal for round trip flights for under $150! Or you could go $50 one way (#SprangBreakForever) on lowfares.com

3. Key West, Florida  

All the good stuff about Florida, just a little more secluded. The Florida Keys are a great way to stay in the US, but still get that private island feel.

Justfly.com, yet again, has flights for under $180 ROUND TRIP to this beautiful party hot spot. Grab your bestie and your sunscreen and book that flight!

4. South Padre Island, Texas

Texas: good food, good music, and hot cowboys. That’s all you need to know.

Everything’s bigger in Texas, including Spring Break. Tripadvisor.com has a whole list of flights to South Padre Island on their website right now

5. Atlantic City, New Jersey

The Steel Pier is a must-see for rides and carnival games. Also, check out the Atlantic City Boardwalk for shopping and good eats right on the beach!

Travelzoo.com is offering tickets to Atlantic City for under $100!!! Book it before it’s too late!

6. Literally any National Park or Lake

No need for expensive flights here! Just take your bestie or bae on a road trip to the nearest National Park or Lake. No schedule and no rushing to be at the airport makes this an extra fun way to spring break. Spring Break featuring your host, Mother Nature.

Outside the U.S.

7. Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica

TripAdvisor.com has a list of 5 flights to get you to and from Costa Rice starting at $179 right now!

So close you can almost taste the Piña Coladas

8. Ocho Rios, Jamaica

In Jamaica, you’re on island time. Spend your days in a total trance of relaxation and ocean breeze

Lowfares.com can get you to Jamaica for under $150. *Jamaican me crazy with these hot deals*

9. St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands

Onetravel.com can get you to St. Thomas, another great USVI hotspot, starting at $133 ROUND TRIP!

10. Cancun, Mexico

A little more rambunctious than your average family trip to Mexico… Meet college kids from across the country while getting a tan and drowning yourself in fruity drinks.

Cheapoair.com can get you to Cancun & back for about $237. *Vamos a la playa*

*BONUS IDEA* 

Last, but not least, a good old stay-cation. Staying somewhere downtown and exploring places you don’t usually go in your day-to-day routine can lead to some pretty great memories! Staying Home: Priceless. (literally)

Click here for the Spring Break Groupon page if you’re ballin’ on a budget this year.

Happy Spring Break to all, and to all a good flight!

Your life is only as good as your mindset.
Her Campus Utah Chapter Contributor