Throwback Thursday: 5 Fashion Statements from Childhood Disney Movies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Tampa chapter.

Growing up in the mid 90’s and early 00’s, I think we can all agree that the Disney Channel Original movies in our day were the best. Can we just talk about the fashion statements in these movies? Looking back, the stuff we thought was so cool is now equally hilarious and amazing.

1. The pink velvet dress from “My Date With The President’s Daughter”

One word: Iconic. As if this dress wasn’t cool enough on it’s own, the matching butterfly necklace was the icing on the cake.

2. Lindsay Lohan’s blue metallic nail polish in “The Parent Trap”

How cool was she? I totally asked my mom to buy me blue metallic nail polish after watching this movie. (Also, who else spent at least half their lives thinking Lindsay Lohan actually had a twin? What a rip off.)

3. Katherine Heigl’s crop tops in “Wish Upon a Star”

Her character knew she looked good. I’m still not over her purple frosted lipstick.

4. The infamous track suits from “The Cheetah Girls”

Were these over the top? You bet. Were they hilarious? Definitely. Were they amazing? Absolutely. Strut, girls!

5. Lindsay Lohan & Brenda Song’s entire wardrobes in “Get a Clue”

These may have been the most ridiculous wardrobes in all of 2002, but we loved every second of it. Lindsay Lohan basically slayed our childhoods.

Those were the days!

Photo Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10