Yes, I Will Accept This Rosé (While Watching The Bachelor)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

Don’t bother asking me to hangout on Monday at 8pm. Nothing against you, but I will always have better plans.

My Monday nights are strictly devoted to The Bachelor.

On Monday nights you will find me sprawled out on my couch, double fisting Ben and Jerry’s and a glass of rosé, soaking in all the drama from my favorite tv show. I don’t indulge in life’s greatest pleasures (ice cream and wine) too often, but I think Bachelor nights are definitely an exception.

I’ve been a fan of The Bachelor for as long as I can remember. I recall being around ten years old when I first started watching. I wasn’t technically allowed to watch the series, but when do pre-teens ever listen?

I was enthralled with the concept of one man getting the chance to date twenty-five beautiful women. When does that ever happen in real life?!

Technically, they only date many women until they dwindle it down to one. Usually the couple gets engaged at the end and I cry at my television wondering why I am forever alone. The Bachelor is a perfect combination of exaggerated sappy romance and petty drama (I live for the drama.)

I feel as though the Bachelor producers always know how to cast girls that will create the most outrageous drama. I always try to give the crazy girls the benefit of the doubt, but come on. If the whole cast thinks you have an attitude problem, odds are you probably do.

I don’t think my obsession for The Bachelor will ever stop. I mean who doesn’t love good ole’ Chris Harrison?

Stay tuned. Maybe you’ll see me on the infamous reality show one day. I am a sucker for a good love story.

HC XOXO,

Hope

USFSP Student. Journalism Major. Devoted Dog Mom.
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.