The World’s Largest Food Truck Rally

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

Great news Tampa Bay! There is an event happening behind the Dali Museum at 480 Bay Shore Drive SE St. Petersburg on Halloween day called The World’s Largest Food Truck Rally. Their slogan is “Bigger. Better. More Bacon.” Just based on that, you know that this event will be fantastic!

The food truck rally last year was held at the Florida State Fairgrounds in Tampa but has now made its way into our backyard here in St. Petersburg.

The event will be taking place from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. and will feature over 100 food trucks from not just the Tampa Bay, but all of America. This event currently holds the Guinness World Record for the largest food truck rally and this is the fourth year that this event has been held.

There is an admittance fee of $10 for the general admission tickets bought before the date of the event. Kids 14 and under will be admitted for free. A limited number of “day of” tickets will be available on Halloween for $15. They are also selling tickets called “The VIP Foodie Experience” for $50. According to their website, this ticket package will include “Early entrance to The World’s Largest Food Truck Rally (10:30am), access to the VIP area with preferred seating, exclusive food tasting, two free beers, and more freebies and surprises!” A portion of the event’s proceeds will go to CASA, a community for survivors of domestic violence.

There will be a costume contest held for anyone who wants to participate which has free registration and the event will welcome our furry pals in as well!

The World’s Largest Food Truck Rally sounds delicious and well worth the admittance fee. Gather up your friends and family (don’t forget the puppy!) and join us in this Halloween celebration. Their Facebook page is Generation Food Truck so you can stay up to date with all that is going on. If you end up attending, the event has an official hashtag #THEFOODTRUCKSARECOMING so show off all that delicious food and festivities!

HCXOXO!

Alana Long

Resources:

http://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-worlds-largest-food-truck-rally-4-ticket…

Alana is a college Senior with a major in Mass Communications with a concentration in Journalism and Media Studies and a minor in Art History. Alana was born in raised in Southwest Florida, so she adores the water and beach lifestyle. She loves anything to do with fashion and plans to work as a professional fashion writer or PR professional when she gets out of college. Alana looks forward to writing for the University of South Florida St. Petersburg's chapter of Her Campus all four years of her upcoming college career and is currently a Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for her chapter. When she's not running to and from classes, she loves to go online shopping or watching YouTube videos.