Why You Should Watch Bill Nye Saves The World

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

When it was time to walk into science class in middle school and the T.V. cart was out, everyone knew that it was time for Bill Nye The Science Guy. Everyone  jumped in their seats with excitement, getting ready to chant “Bill Bill Bill” to the theme song while fist pumping in the air. I mean how could we not be thrilled, Bill was an awesome guy and as he always said, “SCIENCE RULES!”

Every so often, this goofy scientist would pop up at events, taking pictures with fans and well known celebrities, while doing his best to inform the world of the importance of science any chance he could get. I never thought he would put himself out there again and produce  more science-related content, but that’s exactly what Bill decided to do. He partnered with Netflix to produce a show called Bill Nye Saves The World, where he has numerous guests in the science industry to help explain topics in science that some claim to be false. Bill also ties in pop culture and politics, while still making the show fun to watch.

Photo Courtesy of Netflix

I have only seen three episodes so far, but I love it already. Bill is still his goofy self, telling jokes while lowkey throwing shade at people (it’s pretty great). He has a new and improved theme song and little jingles throughout the show performed by the one and only Tyler The Creator, aka a really funny and wild guy. I like that Bill is not afraid to state his own opinions on certain matters, and that he is bringing topics that people try to ignore back into existence.

Photo Courtesy of Netflix

If you are wanting to know more about just how important science is for this planet and our existence as a whole while not being bored out of your mind, this is the show for you. Bill and his funky bow ties will open your eyes to important issues, all while making you laugh at your T.V.

HCXOXO.

Shayla Fajardo

Shayla Fajardo is a student at the University of South Florida St. Petersburg who is majoring in Biology. She enjoys eating unhealthy amounts of pizza, hanging out with friends, binge watching Netflix shows, and attending concerts. A goal of hers has always been to be more involved on campus, so she made sure to actively be involved in three clubs at USFSP- Her Campus, Multicultural Activities Council, and Harborside Activities Board. Shayla's ultimate life goal is to one day become a marine biologist who can travel the world and make a difference.
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.