Ways To Give Back This Holiday Season Without Breaking Your Bank

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

‘Tis the season for giving, but what if you don’t have the actual coins to give back this holiday season? Have no worries! Here are four ways you can give back this holiday season, without breaking your bank.

1. Donating Clothes

This is the easiest way to give back. I’m sure we all have a couple items of clothing that we can do without and could really help someone in need. Also, you could host a clothing drive at your home, church, etc. and gather all your friends and family to help donate a bunch of clothes to your local Goodwill or Salvation Army. It’s expensive while also being charitable.  

1. Donating $10 to a charity

Okay, this one actually involves spending your coins, but I feel like we all have $10 that we can spare to help an awesome charity. Need a suggestion for a charity to donate to? Check out this website: https://www.forbes.com/top-charities/list/#tab:rank

1. Volunteering

Time is money, and in this case, really needed during the holiday season. Hospitals and soup kitchens will surely appreciate volunteers going to help them with those in need of hot meals, so why not donate a day or two to going there and helping them?

1. Going to a nursing home and visiting the elderly

Probably one of the saddest things I’ve ever learned is that there’s some elderly that don’t have any visitors. Honestly, going to your local nursing home and spending a day with them would probably put the biggest smile on their faces. You can read to them, play a puzzle with them, or simply just keep them company.

These are some inexpensive but effective ways to give back this holiday season without breaking your bank.

HCXOXO,

Kelli Carmack

Hi, I'm Kelli Carmack! I am a senior Mass Communications Major at USFSP with a minor in Art History. I'm currently the Co-President of Her Campus at USFSP, a leadership role I hold dear to my heart. I have some pretty big dreams for myself. I plan on getting into the broadcast journalism and/or entertainment field. I hope to one day be the next Barbara Walters, sitting down with prominent people and asking them those hard-hitting questions. While I'm not busy focusing on my career goals, I enjoy going to the beach, painting and reading!
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.