The top 5 places to fulfill your munchies using the Bulls in the Burg discounts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

It is no doubt that college kids love two things: food and a great discount. The Bulls in the Burg program at USFSP provides both of these things for students. The program works with a variety of businesses around St. Petersburg to offer students food, drinks, entertainment, and other services at a college friendly price. The discounts range from 10 to 28 percent off. The Dali museum is the one location that is free for students. Here is a list of the top five places to munch using the Bulls in the Burg program:

1. El Cap Restaurant (10 percent): This place has a unique atmosphere that offers indoor and outdoor seating. The best thing on their menu is their burger. Whether you order it plain or with cheese, you will be in for a treat. Two of their juicy burgers cost just under $13.

2. Central Perks Cafe (10 percent): This has been my go-to breakfast place since I first came to St. Petersburg back in January 2013. This mom and pop cafe offers crisp french toast and some of the tastiest corn beef hash around. They have excellent daily specials that will make your wallet just as happy as your belly. My husband and I eat here for less than $15 (and I always have leftovers).

3. Tropical Smoothie (15 percent): This discount only applies to the location inside the Bayfront Health building on 6th Avenue South. Nothing compares to a cold smoothie in between classes, especially on a hot Florida day. Along with a wide selection of smoothies, Tropical Smoothie also offers sandwiches and wraps. You can also sign up to receive texts with special offers, like 99 cent smoothies.

4. The Cider Press Cafe (10 percent): The newest edition to the Bulls in the Burg program is this vegan cafe located on Central Avenue. Their menu is completely gluten free as well. Their menu ranges from salads to sandwiches to pad thai. Even if you are a carnivore, the food at Cider Press will be sure to satisfy your every need.

5. theAvenue (10 percent): TheAve, located on 1st Avenue South, is a great spot with seating indoor and outdoor. They host college nights, show football games, and have live music. Aside from being a place to find entertainment, you will also find a wide variety of burgers and mac and cheese. If you go here, you have got to try the fried oreos for dessert, I promise you won’t regret it.

BONUS! Angelo’s Grill and Bar offers students 25 percent off their bill. The have pizza and other italian dishes, but the best part is that they are open until 3:30 a.m. everyday! They also deliver and have some of the fastest and most friendly delivery girls around.

Photos are from:

https://www.facebook.com/bullsintheburg/photos/pb.123318448543.-2207520000.1445020781./10153596146753544/?type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/bullsintheburg/photos/pb.123318448543.-2207520000.1445020781./10153573547778544/?type=3&theater

Hey world! Jade is the name and I am currently a Junior at the University of South Florida St. Petersburg. I am only two classes away from finishing up my major, Mass Communications. I am joining the U.S. Navy after college along with my husband. I have two dogs who are basically my whole life. I grew up in Ft. Lauderdale so, naturally, I love the ocean. Going to the beach, working on boats, and laying in the sun are my favorite pastimes.
A Mass Communications Major with a passion for inspiring others.