This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at USFSP chapter.

Any types of sweets or desserts are certainly hard to resist when it comes to Valentine’s Day. I know this from an experience that I had three weeks ago when I was walking through Wal-Mart and spotted a heart-shaped chocolate bar larger than half my body height. Instead of giving in to something like that for that special someone, create something your own and why not start here with some of my favorite desserts and sweet recipes that I absolutely adore  for Valentine’s Day!

Ice Cream Heart Sandwiches

Not only are these sandwiches easy to make, but they are adorably cute! Takes 3 Minutes.
Here is what you need:

• Ice Cream Sandwiches
  • Heart Shaped Cookie Cutter
  • Red/Pink Sprinkles

The best thing to do first is to find a cookie cutter that fits the shape of the ice cream sandwich. Using the cutter, press into the sandwich to create a heart shaped ice cream sandwich. After you’re done with that, use a knife and cut off the extra ice cream sandwich, and don’t know it away, eat it! The carefully remove the cookie cutter. Then add sprinkles all around the heart. You can use any type of sprinkles.

Slutty Brownies

Although these aren’t really V day related, I would consider these to be the Best Brownies in the WORLD! It’s two of my favorite guilty pleasures into one! Literally my dream come true. I found this recipe from my friends Jonathan and Josh, who also love cookies & brownies as much as I do! They’re called slutty brownies because they’re oh so easy, and a little bit filthy. Takes at least 45 minutes.

Here is what you will need:

• 1 box of cookie mix
  • 1 box of brownies mix
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 packs of Oreos (Double Stuffed are thee best!)

First, preheat your oven to the designated time called for the cookie dough mix, stir thoroughly until gooey. Add a little extra water and oil, a teaspoon of each, to keep it moist while baking because we will be baking it for longer than suggested.

Second, using a lined baking tray, cover the bottom and sides of the tray with cookie dough. Then using the non-broken Oreos, line the Oreos on top of the cookie dough.

Now to start with the brownie mix! First, mix up the brownies batter, according to directions. Then pour the batter over your Oreos, then bake for 30 minutes. For extras, add vanilla ice cream on top!

Pure perfection right before your eyes!

Dipped Rice Krispie Hearts

I love rice krispie treats, I mean c’mon, who doesn’t like rice krispie treats!? AND they are in heart shaped form. I mean really, you can’t say no them. Takes 30 minutes or less!

Here is what you will need:

• 3 tablespoons of butter
  • 1 package of regular marshmallows or 4 cups of miniature marshmallows.
  • 6 cups of rice krispie cereal
  • White chocolate chips
  • Food Coloring, if desired
  • Sprinkles

First, melt the butter in a large saucepan on low heat, then add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove the pan from the heat.

Second, add the rice krispie cereal and stir until well coated.

Third, spread the mixture evenly onto a wax paper sheet. Make sure the wax paper has been sprayed with cooking spray or they will stick terribly. Using a heart shaped cookie cutter of any size, cut the mixture into hearts.

As for the dipped in dipped rice krispie hearts, take the white chocolate chips and melt them according to the  chocolate chip package directions. Stir in a few drops of food colors, if you’d like, then dip the edges of the treats into the candy and decorate with sprinkles.

Cupid’s Arrows

I think these are so incredibly cute and so easy to make. These are good for any Valentine’s Day party or just to make for yourself! They look really good as well and they don’t take long to make!

Here is what you will need:

• Pretzel Sticks
  • Sour/Non Gummy Hearts

Take a gummy heart and put it at the end of one of the pretzel sticks to represent the arrow tip.

Take another gummy heart and cut the top of it off to create the end of the arrow.

You’re done!

Red Velvet Oreo Truffle Brownie Bars

Red Velvet cake is classic, so why not make it into the perfect Valentine’s Day sweet! This is another one of my favorite dessert recipes. Not only is it a layer of red velvet brownie, but has an added layer of Oreo truffle, then topped off with chocolate and mini chocolate chips. Sounds like a party to me! The particular recipe is a little time consuming, but is definitely worth it in the end.

Here is what you will need:

• 1 box of red velvet cake mix
  • ½ cup of butter
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 package of chocolate pudding mix
  • 6 tablespoons of vegetable oil
  • 1 package of Oreos
  • 8 ounce package of cream cheese
  • ½ package of a chocolate bark
  • 1 ½ cup of chocolate chips

First, preheat the oven to 325 F, then combine the cake mix, eggs , pudding mix, vegetable oil and mix until thoroughly combined. Spread the mix, when combined, in a non-stick cooking pan. Bake for 20-22 minutes.

Put the Oreos in a plastic bag and by using a rolling pin, crush the Oreos. While doing that, melt the cream cheese in the microwave for 15 seconds to soften. After, stir melted cream cheese and Oreos together until thoroughly blended.

Carefully spread out Oreo truffle mix on top of baked red velvet brownies. Use your hands to spread the Oreo truffle mix to prevent the brownies from ripping..

Melt the chocolate candy bark and pour over the Oreo truffle layer. After that, sprinkle mini chocolate chips on top of the chocolate candy bark layer. You’re done!

Main Image – Found on Tumblr

Ice Cream Sadnwich Images – The 36th Avenue, Collage made by Emily E.

Slutty Brownie Images – The Londoner, Collage made by Emily E.

Red Velvet Truffle Image – Pizzazerie, Collage made by Emily E.